Team Preferred Formation: Player Creation and Tactic Familiarity

In the editor, each club has favored formations. Im starting a new game as Leigh Genesis in Tier 8 [deleted the clubs real players and using all fictional players] and I wanted to play a 4 1[DM] 3[CM] 2.

I start a new game and the AI gives me a bunch of wingers (about as useful to me as wings on fish) and my club has zero tactical familiarity with their preferred formation.

My thoughts:

Shouldn't the game generate players (and especially youth) that only match the clubs preferred formations?

Shouldnt all clubs have at least some tactical familiarity with their preferred formations?

If you use match preparation effectively and arrange a lot of pre-season friendlies you will be able to lessen the impact of that kind of thing when it happens in the game though but for what it's worth I agree with you, it's quite annoying when you start a new game with a team only to find they are less than fluidly familiar with the 4-4-2 being the most commonly used formation in football it should be fully fluid from the start (or at least very close to) imo.

If you move the special focus area off of team blend and put it onto none with the workload slider all the way to the top the team should learn the tactic quite fast with that many friendlies. Just remember to reduce the workload once the tactic is fully fluid or your players won't be able to train at the optimum level for attribute growth. Also remember to switch to one of the special focus areas just before a match as it can be the diffirence between a good result and a bad one, especially in games were the match odds are close.

Edit:- Also having only 1 tactic selected to learn in the match preparation screen until all areas are fluid makes your team get to fluid levels faster than having them trying to learn 2 or three from scratch at once.

Shouldn't the game generate players (and especially youth) that only match the clubs preferred formations?

Shouldnt all clubs have at least some tactical familiarity with their preferred formations?

This should be true, but unfortunately it isn't. Specially the 2nd.

It's really, really stupid that a team has the 4231 tactic as their preferred tactic and it played with that tactic for 3/4 years, that when the game start all knowledge is back to zero or almost zero.

Archived