Goal Kick Bug

Has the goal kick bug been reported when a goalkeeper kicks it long, the opposition midfielders win it with perfect knockdown headers from the halfway line to set up their strikers for easy 1on1 goal scoring chances?

I ask this because it has been in the last 2 patch versions and I haven't noticed it reduce. It happens because it defence backline push far too forward and the forwards make perfectly timed runs in behind and I this very rarely happens in a game where top level teams give away very unnatural goals. The forwards don't need to be quick either as Berbarov in my team gets these chances consisently. I can change it for my team by quite simply changing the goalkeepers instructions to 'defender collect' but I can't do this for the opposition teams. It is a constant goal source for my team especially when Javier Hernandez plays and it gives me a unfair advantage and ruins the enjoyment and challenge for me. I hardly ever have a close or tight game as I know I will get chances from this.

I wouldn't go as far as saying its a bug but it is an area of the ME that probably needs tweaking a little more. The frequency of these type of chances has noticably dropped over the last couple of versions to a point where I now only see it occasionally in my saves.

Part of it could be tactical, there could be some settings I use which help prevent it while if your seeing it a lot something different that you do.

As long as you have a pacey forward up front you just create way too many chances this way.. it's definelty a bug and it has been reported before.

It's annoying if you want to play a long ball game as well since it just makes long kicks from the GK way too risky to be an option..

Always people moaning... You do realise it isn't real life? Its a game, therefore its not going to be perfect, just play the game and enjoy it.

Who is moaning here? The OP is presenting an issue on a constructive way, haven't seen any moaning on this thread.

Do people even read the OP? You create a lot of chances this way against the AI this way.. that's what the OP is complaining about so don't play the "it's your tactics card".

Most people only read the first couple of lines of the OP, where the comment is about opposing players instead of the OP's players.

Most people only read the first couple of lines of the OP, where the comment is about opposing players instead of the OP's players.

I meant the opposition team to the Goalkeeper. My team concedes no goals from this as I play 'defender collect'. It's the fact it happens to the AI team and i can't change their tactics to prevent it for them.

I meant the opposition team to the Goalkeeper. My team concedes no goals from this as I play 'defender collect'. It's the fact it happens to the AI team and i can't change their tactics to prevent it for them.

Ah, fair enough. Error on the reader's part then :p

As for the issue itself - if it's coming up often enough for people to notice it (even if it's not all that often in the grand scheme of things) then it's probably too often and something in the ME could do with a little tweaking. Has anyone brought it up in the official 11.3 ME feedback thread?

It's particularly pronounced when the forwards are playing in between the defenders (because of an odd vs even match up, e.g. 1 vs 4 or 3 vs 2), because the defenders don't take this into account and always just line up in their default positions. This means that at least one forward is completely unmarked if the ball is won in midfield. It's the reason I almost always use "defender collect" - anything else leads to far too many of these silly goals, irrespective of how good your keeper's kicking is or how well your players can jump.

But I think the real "bug" is in the defender's positioning and the inability for you to get them to line up sensibly because of the limited tactical options. At least as a player, you could use side arrows in older versions to mitigate this issue.

Ah, fair enough. Error on the reader's part then :p

As for the issue itself - if it's coming up often enough for people to notice it (even if it's not all that often in the grand scheme of things) then it's probably too often and something in the ME could do with a little tweaking. Has anyone brought it up in the official 11.3 ME feedback thread?

More variety in goalkicks would be good but after watching the Chelsea/Man Utd match last night it was noticeable how few were actually booted up field.

In terms of the issue itself what needs tweaking is the midfielders challenging for the ball, its rare to get a clean header and virtually impossible to get the power to nod such a good through ball for the striker.

In terms of the issue itself what needs tweaking is the midfielders challenging for the ball, its rare to get a clean header and virtually impossible to get the power to nod such a good through ball for the striker.

Yup.. they head a perfect pin-point pass that causes this issue..

Archived