Enough is enough..

Let me just copy and paste a previous post of mine.

"A few days ago, i started a new save with Benfica just to try out different tactics, after 3 friendlies i saved right before a game against Porto for the portuguese super cup.

Everytime .. and i mean .. EVERY SINGLE TIME i was completely crushed, not necessarily with goals, but with statistics because nothing would work, over 10 different tactics (including the same Porto uses just to see what would happen) against only 1 and my team looked like amateurs.

In real life when these two play against each other we never know what's going to happen, anyone can win, doesn't matter the circumstances .. it's all about pride due to the existente rivalry. Last season Porto had already lost the championship and they still won 3 - 1 at home, Benfica won 1 - 0 at home playing with a bunch of 3rd choice players, this season Porto wrecked Benfica 5 - 0 at home and lost 0 - 2 also at home for the cup.

The quality of the teams is similar, and nobody was playing at home .. so why do they always end up with 20 something shots and higher possession (way higher..) and all around playing better than my team? Incredibly fluid football even before the season starts..? Does the Tactic Familiarity Levels feature apply to AI teams? Oh and by the way, everytime there was a penalty was against me, i'm not exaggerating, honestly, usually some really awkward ones ..

Now .. I AM NOT looking for a flawless tactic, no .. i was, though, looking for a tactic that at least neutralizes some of their players, hell, even a 1 - 1 would make me a little happy.

The point is, it's hard to believe that not even one of those +10 tactics can be successful against the one they use.

Edit: Forgot to say, there was a game where they only had 7 shots at target :cool::thup: .. how it ended? i lost 5 - 1 .. yeah"

Now, new save, new tactic, finally i statistically crushed them just like i wanted to, 21 shots against 4, more possession, higher success rate in pretty much everything (crosses, tackles, you name it.. i was better) and i lost 1 - 2.

Hulk gets the ball outside the area, shoots, goal.

Corner, Hulk, goal.

It's always a bad sign when you exit a game in a worse mood than when you first started playing.

After many many years spent on CM/FM, for the first time i officially give up on this game, at least until a new one comes out and makes me angry all over again.

This is so boring now, i think i've read at least 20 threads in the last week about someone complaining about the game!

Sell it, Bin it, kick it, p*ss on it, bite it, burn it, do anything just stop complaining. There's two words for you Premier Manager!

This is so boring now, i think i've read at least 20 threads in the last week about someone complaining about the game!

Sell it, Bin it, kick it, p*ss on it, bite it, burn it, do anything just stop complaining. There's two words for you Premier Manager!

What he said......I am loving this game - best ever

So you try to cheat by re-loading and still can't win? Ha ha!

Also, how do you know what tactics Porto use in real life? Are you the real life manager?

Seriously though, could you give us some details of the 10+ tactics that you have used? Because the number of different variables that go into a tactic is huge, there are thousands upon thousands of options and perhaps the 10+ that you used were simply not very good.

Can't live without fm but fm2011 is totally unplayable.

Absolute nonsense...unless the game just freezes when you load it ofc.

i am not enjoying has much aswell this year, i find team tallks are more important this year.

Match preperation is another one that's made a huge difference for me...master the intricacies of that and you've won half the battle. An Ass. Man who's competent at team talks and press conferences goes a long way too imo.

Absolute nonsense...unless the game just freezes when you load it ofc.

Match preperation is another one that's made a huge difference for me...master the intricacies of that and you've won half the battle. An Ass. Man who's competent at team talks and press conferences goes a long way too imo.

a good ass man for oppossition instructions is a must for me!!

So you try to cheat by re-loading and still can't win? Ha ha!

Also, how do you know what tactics Porto use in real life? Are you the real life manager?

Seriously though, could you give us some details of the 10+ tactics that you have used? Because the number of different variables that go into a tactic is huge, there are thousands upon thousands of options and perhaps the 10+ that you used were simply not very good.

.. "i started a new save with Benfica just to try out different tactics".. it's not exactly cheating when i only want that save to try different approaches against a challenging team.

Now, to the rest that can't reply without a pinch of sarcasm, it's an opinion, i'm not enjoying the game so what am i suppose to say? That i love it..?

I already had all the success i wanted too in this version, getting lower leagues teams to the first division, winning major trophies bla bla bla.. i wanted something new so i was trying out different tactics.

I don't mind people saying they're enjoying the game or that it is the best FM ever .. good, it's your opinion, i'm glad you're having a good time, but i'm also entitled to my own, so .. Techno-fear, time to grow up buddy.

FM11 is superior with regards to the other FM's that have been released, FM07 being a cool second, amazes me that SI have turned this game around from the ghastly FM09 and people are not happy with the latest version, the mind boggles.

Why do people feel they have to constantly come on here and tell people they are not playing FM anymore?

Because other people feel they should come here and say FM is the greatest game ever.

Freedom's a beautiful thing..

You've just taken over the team and this is your first 'competative' match? Your team ain't used to your new tactics yet?

Could have something to do with it.

i assume his point is, he's using different tactics each game

You've just taken over the team and this is your first 'competative' match? Your team ain't used to your new tactics yet?

Could have something to do with it.

It definitely could but shouldn't we look at both sides?

What i mean is, yes it's my team's first competitive match .. but it also is the other team's 1st competitive match, so no advantage here.

Tactical examples (a little vague but there just examples):

4-4-2 vs 4-5-1 = they win

4-3-3 vs 4-5-1 = they win

5-4-1 vs 4-5-1 = they win

3-5-2 vs 4-5-1 = they win

4-5-1 vs 4-5-1 = they still win.

..and so on..

What this tells me is that the AI manager gets almost every tactical decision right and team talks, and i get almost everything wrong? Because in all honestly they are not that good. If it was against Barça, sure, i wouldn't mind losing eighty times in a row but Porto..

What i mean is, yes it's my team's first competitive match .. but it also is the other team's 1st competitive match, so no advantage here.

..and so on..

What this tells me is that the AI manager gets almost every tactical decision right and team talks, and i get almost everything wrong? Because in all honestly they are not that good. If it was against Barça, sure, i wouldn't mind losing eighty times in a row but Porto..

What it tells you is that the Porto team have a full understanding of their 451 tactic while you are trying a new tactic that your team have no experience of.

If you really think the match is un-winnable upload it so we can all see and I'll bet someone very quickly will win it.

But can they have a full understanding of the 4-5-1 even before the season starts when the manager has just a few weeks of preparation (Jesualdo Ferreira out/ Villas-Boas in)? If they can, then the Familiarity Levels feature only works for us.

But can they have a full understanding of the 4-5-1 even before the season starts when the manager has just a few weeks of preparation (Jesualdo Ferreira out/ Villas-Boas in)?

I would imagine teams have a set level of understanding of some tactics at the start of the game.

Besides that though what have you done in pre-season to prepare your team?

Did they play enough friendlies?

Did you build understanding of a tactic?

Are the players match fit?

and thats before we even start looking at your tactics and the oppositions.

If you've done a poor job of preparing for the start of the season then it makes the first match even more difficult to win. I presume you are always going back to a save just before the Porto match rather than earlier in pre-season.

If you've done a poor job of preparing for the start of the season then it makes the first match even more difficult to win. I presume you are always going back to a save just before the Porto match rather than earlier in pre-season.

exactly that, the preperation for this game began as soon as you began pre season, if you have not done the right things up till now replaying the game on the same day each time will do very little, try re-loading weeks before and work harder and i think you will find your able to win.

I'm the only one with small complainings about the game? With Benfica I used a 4x3x3 and I didn't sign ANYONE and I'm now about to win the League with only 1 Lose.

My only complaining about this version is the portuguese mistakes and the boring press conferences

Got to say it is your tactics mate and not the game. I have been with 2 different clubs and have been successful using different tactics to suit the players at the club. I am now at my third club and have had relative success bearing in mind I took over Everton who where 10th in the Premiership and in half a season I qualified for the Champions League finishing 4th. So in half a season I rose them up the league using tactics to suit the players at my disposal. So it is definatily your tactics and not the game sorry

I have however studied the FM2011 utimate FM walkthrough guide maybe you should download it and have a look. Its not a cheat book but a guide to the virtual football manager. Do a search and you should find it

I would imagine teams have a set level of understanding of some tactics at the start of the game.

Besides that though what have you done in pre-season to prepare your team?

Did they play enough friendlies?

Did you build understanding of a tactic?

Are the players match fit?

and thats before we even start looking at your tactics and the oppositions.

exactly that, the preperation for this game began as soon as you began pre season, if you have not done the right things up till now replaying the game on the same day each time will do very little, try re-loading weeks before and work harder and i think you will find your able to win.

To be honest, in the first save, i made it intentionally harder for me to win, but only slightly, by not buying anyone, and keeping morale from getting too high, because, theoretically, if i could win even if my team wasn't at their best, then maybe the next time we would play against Porto, with my team better prepared, things would be a lot easier .. which i know, it's not that easy or linear .. there are always tons of factors to take into consideration. But even so, my team starts with good enough players to, at least, make them play for their lives.

So, morale wasn't the best but still good, i can't tell you much about match fitness, honestly, i don't remember .. i do remember though, that i played 3 friendlies. I won't be able to tell you much about players instructions and all of that, too many tactics, too many changes, too many different approaches. I can only tell you that i don't like to improvise too much, maybe one or two things but that's it.

Taking everything into consideration, i wouldn't mind losing in, let's say, the first 3 attempts or so .. but after 10 of them, come on..

--

After that i stopped playing for a while, until today i started a new save, this time a real one to get through a few seasons, did everything right, actually i never took so much effort planning the season in this game .. fantastic morale, 4 friendlies, familiarity levels pretty good .. here comes the game i was waiting for aaannnddd i still lose 1 - 2 after seeing my team deliver one of the best games ever in a Benfica Porto. I can't help but feel completely demoralized..

When you restart it, I am assuming you are restarting it to right before you go into the game, correct? If that is the case, both teams' mental state is already determined. If press conferences have gone badly or you're over-confident or demoralised the team, etc, these things will be set in stone, so no tactic will overcome their mental state. That's not to say you can't win eventually, of course.

But you also talk of formations but call them "tactics". Formation is different to tactics. Setting your DMC to "defensive midfielder" or "anchor man" - that's a tactical decision. Tweaking the pace, too, that's a tactical decision. But merely altering your formation won't win you the game. Altering your tactics will.

Well, the one feature I find annoying in Fm2011 is the match preparation system, it takes forever to get fluid with a formation. Even on the highest possible workload, and with only one formation (the same one I've been using for 5 seasons) from the start of the season, it takes till the end of december before I'm maxed on that single formation. This is while playing loads of games.. and all this, so they can forget it again at the end of the season and have to re-learn the tactic.

It's ridiculous, it kills all ability to play different tactics, to tweak, to approach things with different angles. I get at most 2-3 formations to play with and.. even that comes at the cost of it taking incredibly long to learn.

Despite it, I've been enjoying FM2011, but I've not enjoyed how constained my tactics are, it does detract from the game.

.. "i started a new save with Benfica just to try out different tactics".. it's not exactly cheating when i only want that save to try different approaches against a challenging team.

Now, to the rest that can't reply without a pinch of sarcasm, it's an opinion, i'm not enjoying the game so what am i suppose to say? That i love it..?

I already had all the success i wanted too in this version, getting lower leagues teams to the first division, winning major trophies bla bla bla.. i wanted something new so i was trying out different tactics.

I don't mind people saying they're enjoying the game or that it is the best FM ever .. good, it's your opinion, i'm glad you're having a good time, but i'm also entitled to my own, so .. Techno-fear, time to grow up buddy.

But you still haven't given details of the different tactics you are trying. You have done a post showing some formations, but a formation by itself means nothing without the instructions (team and player) that go with it.

These threads amuse me. I really hope SI doesn't listen to these people and keep the game on the same skill level it's on right now. For people who develop tactics gradually, the game is perfect. It's extremely rare that you will walk into a new club with your super tactic and knock out 3 or 4-0 wins. It takes me about 3 months to get my team playing to how I want them to, it doesn't happen overnight.

After that i stopped playing for a while, until today i started a new save, this time a real one to get through a few seasons, did everything right, actually i never took so much effort planning the season in this game .. fantastic morale, 4 friendlies, familiarity levels pretty good .. here comes the game i was waiting for aaannnddd i still lose 1 - 2 after seeing my team deliver one of the best games ever in a Benfica Porto. I can't help but feel completely demoralized..

thats a good start, but even with all of that you may still be playing the wrong tactic on the day, but you said your team delivered, so it could just be a case of on that day you were unlucky, doing a proper preseason, and doing it well wont guarentee you a win in that game, but it will definately help, i assume there was a press conference before the game? How did you answer the questions? What match pre did you have on days before the game? On the day what team talks did you use? There is so much more info you could give us to help us try and help you, because i promise this game would be winnable, you just need to learn all the game mechanics, even if you have succeeded in previous saves, you may not have had this kind of challenge to deal with yet.

Upload the game and I bet you someone on here will win first time round.

He wont upload it as he wont want to be proven wrong that its his tactics thats at fault and not the game. Its easier to moan to say the game is rubbish. As ive stated in my earlier post I have been with 3 clubs and within 2 to 3 months got success with them. The game just doesnt rely on the formation its the whole preparation, tactical set up based upon pitch size, man management of the players before the game, p[layer role, tactical tweaks during the game etc etc......

The game is so complex you just dont pick a formation and hey presto your winning 4-0 every game.

Upload it so we can look if you dare

Ok, here we go..

1º - I NEVER said it was impossible to win and i NEVER said the game was rubbish, at least read the ****ing thread..

2º - This is far from being my first save with Benfica, i've won plenty of times against Porto in all my saves..

3º - Conclusion: Since i know it's not impossible, and i've already won against them why would i care if some of you could win it? For you to say what? "This is what you got wrong"? Good, except for the fact that i tried multiple times so there's a big probability that i did what you did. "See, i'm better than you?" Congratulations, champ :thup: hurray!!

If it wasn't for milnerpoint, Cougar2010 and maybe a few more, i would let this thread die, i feel like i'm in a PES forum discussing with a bunch of 12 year olds still sucking on SI's tit.

Suge You hope Si doesn't read this, han..? Remember this, if SI didn't care enough to read negative criticism, FM would never be what it is today. Saying it's the greatest game ever made doesn't make it so..

--

Now, let's all read this together .. I LIKE FOOTBALL MANAGER 2011, BUT SOME STUFF THAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING KEPT ME AWAY, FROM THE GAME, FOR A WHILE and now i'll wait until fm12 arrives .. see, i like it, that's it.

..and so on..

Well you are thinking about it wrong. Formations are just one part of tactics mate. And either way you really cannot expect your team to play to their potential if they are seeing a new tactical style for the first time.

Taking everything into consideration, i wouldn't mind losing in, let's say, the first 3 attempts or so .. but after 10 of them, come on..

You know what though, it shouldn't have gotten to the 10th time.

Suge You hope Si doesn't read this, han..? Remember this, if SI didn't care enough to read negative criticism, FM would never be what it is today. Saying it's the greatest game ever made doesn't make it so..

Now, let's all read this together .. I LIKE FOOTBALL MANAGER 2011, BUT SOME STUFF THAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING KEPT ME AWAY, FROM THE GAME, FOR A WHILE and now i'll wait until fm12 arrives .. see, i like it, that's it.

You not being able to win a match after reloading and reloading is not constructive criticism. How do you honestly expect SI to react to your original post mate?

You know what mate you would enjoy this game so much more if you would just take the loss and move on. Every loss makes all you wins that much sweeter.

Archived