Don't want your chairman to sell your star player? Read here!

We all know how difficult it can be for smaller clubs to keep hold of their star players once the bigger divisions come sniffing around...and it doesn't help if your chairman is willing to take it into his own hands if the offer is 'too good to turn down'...plus there has been many threads recently moaning at their chairman...but i think i've found the solution! (by accident i must add) :thup:

As Southampton, it's been a struggle to keep hold of young Alex Chamberlain and more recently a regen in my u18's...with Premiership clubs putting in bids left right and centre...knowing that if any club offered £2m+ my chairman would sell them without giving me a choice...and after already losing a defender i had purchased in the first season for a measly £2m even though i was more than financially stable, i knew it was only a matter of time...

BUT...by accident, when setting their asking price at £20m+ to try and scare off interested parties, i had set Chamberlain's at £0...

Queue a raft of offers from premiership teams offering me £0...and after rejecting, each team would ALWAYS come back and offer £0 AGAIN...therefore, eliminating the chance of a club offering larger sums and the chairman selling...

Then, simply go to the 'Transfer Status' page and tick 'Reject all Offers' and there you go! Done this for 3 seasons now and managed to keep hold of both of them!

Yes yes yes, i know this can be construed as 'cheating' as i'm kind of manipulating the games AI...but i see it more as attacking my opposition managers weaknesses! Which is crucial to managerial survival! :p

RERCAP: set players asking price to £0 then tick 'reject all offers' = keep player! :thup:

do your players not end up unhappy doing this? If not very good tip mate!!

Not that i have noticed...however, Southampton and myself are in both players 'Favoured Clubs' and 'Favoured Personnel' respectively, so not sure that if they weren't, they would still be happy...

Chamberlain is 'enjoying playing at the club' and the Regen, Wiltshire, is 'Flattered at the interest shown in him' but has superb morale...both have never come to me saying they were unhappy or 'want to move to a bigger club' and put in consistently good performances!

Like i said though, it may be different if Southampton wasn't there favourite club etc...but so far over 3 seasons i have managed to keep hold of them! :)

This is useful but also works the opposite way by setting asking price ridiculously high also works : )

oh really? i've tried the opposite and set it really high but normally it just means they offer the best they can, which normally is good enough for the chairman!

I'm going to try this. I like building a team from finding cracking future prospects. I've tried setting the asking price and as Sir Alex (spit) says, it doesn't work.

I'm Melbourne Victoria in a 3 division world league I made myself with the world's biggest clubs in. So, as you can imagine, my club rep being so low means that as quick as I am building a team I have shedloads of offers every transfer window from big clubs. I've lost 5-6 cracking young players to Barca, R.Madrid, Bayern, Man U etc through the Chairman sticking his nose in.

Annoying as they never play them in their first team and I can buy them back 1-2 years later anyway. They just hoover up any young kid who looks even remotely like a hot prospect.

Not many of my players have Melbourne as their favourite club, so should be good to go....

Ive had this problem once and my chairman decided to sell a promising youngster for 350k which he thought it was too good to turn down.. It was in my second season and now im in my 8th season and never had any problem with it again as i set the asking price too high and other teams do still show interest in my players but they never bid...

I'm going to try this. I like building a team from finding cracking future prospects. I've tried setting the asking price and as Sir Alex (spit) says, it doesn't work.

I'm Melbourne Victoria in a 3 division world league I made myself with the world's biggest clubs in. So, as you can imagine, my club rep being so low means that as quick as I am building a team I have shedloads of offers every transfer window from big clubs. I've lost 5-6 cracking young players to Barca, R.Madrid, Bayern, Man U etc through the Chairman sticking his nose in.

Annoying as they never play them in their first team and I can buy them back 1-2 years later anyway. They just hoover up any young kid who looks even remotely like a hot prospect.

Not many of my players have Melbourne as their favourite club, so should be good to go....

Where'd you get the world league from? Sounds like its worth a go.

I'm having the opposte problem... sort of. I want to sell Griezmann and top clubs are interested but they only ever bid 16-17m (once Liverpool bid 25 but he rejected their contract). I think he'd join Lyon who are interested but they won't put an offer in and I know if they do it'll be for 17m... yet my asking price is 30 and other teams as I say... well one team, has bid 25 once.

What is wierd is that I know if I wanted to buy a 8.5m rated 22 yearold I'd have to pay 30m or so. Infact I'm going to save the game and then start it and resign and add a new guy and I BET they want 30m.

Yeah, as soon as I leave bids of 27m are flying about... gits...

I'm having the opposte problem... sort of. I want to sell Griezmann and top clubs are interested but they only ever bid 16-17m (once Liverpool bid 25 but he rejected their contract). I think he'd join Lyon who are interested but they won't put an offer in and I know if they do it'll be for 17m... yet my asking price is 30 and other teams as I say... well one team, has bid 25 once.

What is wierd is that I know if I wanted to buy a 8.5m rated 22 yearold I'd have to pay 30m or so. Infact I'm going to save the game and then start it and resign and add a new guy and I BET they want 30m.

Yeah, as soon as I leave bids of 27m are flying about... gits...

while i agree the transfer system still needs some work this situation isn't exactly innacurate. If you're trying to sell a player and you're offering him to other clubs or transfer listing him then other clubs will think they can get him cheaply whereas if you're chasing an 8m player who's important to their team they're naturally going to ask for more because if they don't end up selling the player then they're happy anyway.

I'm not offering him about or transfer listing him. I'd be content to keep him but clubs constantly want him and send out messages and submit 16-17m bids. I'd be happy to sell him, for 30m, which is fair. It's what Ganso and Neymar went for.

I'm not offering him about or transfer listing him. I'd be content to keep him but clubs constantly want him and send out messages and submit 16-17m bids. I'd be happy to sell him, for 30m, which is fair. It's what Ganso and Neymar went for.

oh right, well there you go then that is an example of the transfer market being annoyingly weird.

surely a much quicker and easier way would be to use FMRTE and lower your chairman's attributes ? would definately save alot of time

That would take much longer...specially for me...as i dont believe in using it at all...so i would have to download it...etc etc...how long does it take to set an asking price at £0 then tick reject all offers!

Anyway...

For the people who have tried it...hows it going? I'm now in my fourth season and its working great for me!

Isn't setting the asking price to 0 also cheating though?

i said in my original post that some people may think its cheating...but its not like FMRTE where you are actually editing the game to benefit you...

i suppose you could call it an exploit though...

I just set the asking price to £200 million no one seems to bid for my players that way.

Playing as a Canadian team, I've taken it upon myself to completely overhaul the national team by bringing in young Brazilian players and keeping them around until they declare for Canada. Usually by the second season I'll start to get teams sniffing around, so I set my asking price to at least $10 million to scare them away. It's worked for me so far- in a previous save I had signed Semir Stillic as a designated player in January for $1.3 million, and by July he was tearing up the league and had more than doubled his value. I set his value at $10 million before any team showed any interest...then out of the blue a Dutch team ponies up the $10 mil asking price. He was already playing Bosnia & Herz so I let him go and signed a Brazilian replacement for about $500k. I'm quite surprised as I've sold a handful of players for roughly double their market value.

I've been pretty honest when playing with this feature, and three times I've had bids accepted for my star player and while one of them was cancelled due to a foreign player rule, I've had the option to cancel the other two, which I have. Prett annoying in a way as I'd set my mind to quit the club once the deal went through.

Is everyone else getting the chance to cancel the deals at the last minute or am I just getting lucky?

On a related note, should we not have the option of issuing an ultimatum when the chairman accepts a deal? In my case I'd have been quite happy to put my job on the line to prevent the deal being accepted. I'd have happily quit had the deal gone through thanks to the chairman.

When I'm in a situation like this I simply add another manager and take over the club that's interested in my players and the transfer gets cancelled due to the change in manager. Players don't seem to get upset by this and yes I know that it is cheating but I only do it when I am desperate and its a really good player that my interfering chairman is trying to sell. I'll have to try the method suggested though.

Where'd you get the world league from? Sounds like its worth a go.

I made it myself, using the Editor and the top three German divisions. Banged up the Prize moneys for every position, made a 2-legged knockout cup. Swapped all the German teams (apart from Bayern, Leverkusen, Schalke, Dortmund, Bremen) for top teams around the world. It's easy enough to do, but hard work to play (no easy games).

There's a few 'world super leagues' in the Editor's forum, with much more divisions/teams than I made.

I just set the asking price to £200 million no one seems to bid for my players that way.

I've tried this but all it means is that the interested team just offer the maximum they are willing to spend (instead of starting relatively low and increasing each time) and that maximum is normally enough for the chairman to accept!

I don't want to use an editor or try to use an exploit to avoid the scenario of chairman selling players because it is after all rather realistic that he does especially if the team is in need of money. However the game needs a drastic improvement to the feature around the transfer.

You need the option to protest and to tell him how he is messing up your chances of success. As it is now you can get a question in a press conferance about your relationship after he sells a player but whatever you answer has no impact whatsoever in the game. It also has to be made intelligent enough to realise that if they expect you to win promotion and you are placed around the top of the league in the January window the chairman can't sell off a bunch of players and not realise that expectations may have to be changed. You should at any time during the season go into the boardroom and discuss the expectations as they can be effected by a lot of things, such as long term injuries and changes to the squad. Especially with the whole glue the team together that is so important in this game these days the board should realise that if you lose 2-3 key players every transferwindow and have to replace them the teams needs time to glue back together. Usually my chairman sells a few players every transferwindow and for 5-10 games after he is done the team is performing like they have never seen a football before, unfortunatly that is often enough to destroy the teams chances of winning promotion especially as the league is usually very tight. I lost my play off spot last season and I'm expecting to lose the title from it this season and I wouldn't be half as upset if the chairman, the board, the fans and the players realised it wasn't really my fault but in the end I'm the one that will get the blame.

I don't want to use an editor or try to use an exploit to avoid the scenario of chairman selling players because it is after all rather realistic that he does especially if the team is in need of money. However the game needs a drastic improvement to the feature around the transfer.

You need the option to protest and to tell him how he is messing up your chances of success. As it is now you can get a question in a press conferance about your relationship after he sells a player but whatever you answer has no impact whatsoever in the game. It also has to be made intelligent enough to realise that if they expect you to win promotion and you are placed around the top of the league in the January window the chairman can't sell off a bunch of players and not realise that expectations may have to be changed. You should at any time during the season go into the boardroom and discuss the expectations as they can be effected by a lot of things, such as long term injuries and changes to the squad. Especially with the whole glue the team together that is so important in this game these days the board should realise that if you lose 2-3 key players every transferwindow and have to replace them the teams needs time to glue back together. Usually my chairman sells a few players every transferwindow and for 5-10 games after he is done the team is performing like they have never seen a football before, unfortunatly that is often enough to destroy the teams chances of winning promotion especially as the league is usually very tight. I lost my play off spot last season and I'm expecting to lose the title from it this season and I wouldn't be half as upset if the chairman, the board, the fans and the players realised it wasn't really my fault but in the end I'm the one that will get the blame.

you talk about the game needing drastic improvement on the feature...so obviously you think the player is at a disadvantage...so whats wrong with using a slight exploit to improve the chances of keeping your star player?

Archived