Oh cmon....

Its ironic....I was on more disciplined and every player was on rare long shots along with the work ball into box touchline shout

Default creative freedom for most player roles is imo too high and leads to players disregarding your tactical instructions. I have my whole out field manually ticked and set to the lowest click of normal.

If it's just a one-off occurrence, put it down to bad luck and move on to the next game. Don't dwell on it, there's nothing you could do.

If it's happening regularly, then you have a problem...

I had a game last night where each team had 3 clear cut chances, and I lost 6-2. I was top of the league, they were 2nd and I was unbeaten until that game. I was shocked at the result, but it happens sometimes.

If it's just a one-off occurrence, put it down to bad luck and move on to the next game. Don't dwell on it, there's nothing you could do.

Have to disagree with this, if you don't nip it in the bud as early as possible morale will suffer and turning things round becomes much harder. There are always things you can do in the game to turn around a poor performance and it's our job as manager to figure out where the problem lies and fix it.

Luck is just a human perception we apply wrongly to the game sometimes imo, as an easy way of dealing with things not going our way when there are tools in the game like the post match analysis which can be used to show the user where we are going right or wrong within any particular fixture.

Have to disagree with this, if you don't nip it in the bud as early as possible morale will suffer and turning things round becomes much harder. There are always things you can do in the game to turn around a poor performance and it's our job as manager to figure out where the problem lies and fix it.

Luck is just a human perception we apply wrongly to the game sometimes imo, as an easy way of dealing with things not going our way when there are tools in the game like the post match analysis which can be used to show the user where we are going right or wrong within any particular fixture.

So what would you suggest as an alternative? Sometimes we can over-analyse things and in trying to put something right for the next game, could end up making it worse. In my experience, my players have always bounced back to their usual selves after a game like this.

So what would you suggest as an alternative? Sometimes we can over-analyse things and in trying to put something right for the next game, could end up making it worse. In my experience, my players have always bounced back to their usual selves after a game like this.

as I mentioned in my previous post one thing I'd suggest is to find out why a bad result happened using the post match analysis tool and it's always a good habit to get into using it after avery game to help you be able to foresee a bad result before it ever even happens: e.g the number of ccc's decreasing and the number of long shots your team takes increasing would suggest the a.i starting to play more defensively against you hoping to frustrate your players and hit you on the break with a sucker punch.

Edit...also if changing things making things worse is a concern then my advise would be a visit to the tactic and training forums and seek out some of the excellent analysis threads there which have completely revised my views on the game and helped me to understand that the game is based a lot less on randomness than appears on the surface. Rather as with any computer programme FM adheres to a very logical structure. Gaining a deeper knowledge of tactics, team talks and the nuts and bolts of the game mechanics in general goes a long way to dispelling the notions of luck or randomness playing as large a part as may seem in the game.

as I mentioned in my previous post one thing I'd suggest is to find out why a bad result happened using the post match analysis tool and it's always a good habit to get into using it after avery game to help you be able to foresee a bad result before it ever even happens: e.g the number of ccc's decreasing and the number of long shots your team takes increasing would suggest the a.i starting to play more defensively against you hoping to frustrate your players and hit you on the break with a sucker punch.

Edit...also if changing things making things worse is a concern then my advise would be a visit to the tactic and training forums and seek out some of the excellent analysis threads there which have completely revised my views on the game and helped me to understand that the game is based a lot less on randomness than appears on the surface. Rather as with any computer programme FM adheres to a very logical structure. Gaining a deeper knowledge of tactics, team talks and the nuts and bolts of the game mechanics in general goes a long way to dispelling the notions of luck or randomness playing as large a part as may seem in the game.

Sounds a good idea. But for me, this sort of thing doesn't happen too often so I'll stick with the "don't dwell on it" plan.

That's life. Your strikers lack composure and possible stats to put away the shots. So it isn't ridiculous

People keep on saying that but when it's the other way aroud you concede about 5 lol That's really why they complain

People keep on saying that but when it's the other way aroud you concede about 5 lol That's really why they complain

Speak for yourself ok? :thup:

I've had matches where I have been pinned down and either the other team forgets how to shoot or my keeper turns into superman.

Anyways....in this situation I think it may have been down to some complacency or down to your players having a bad day. Sometimes you can get your players to focus more during your halftime team talk. As a manager you gotta notice when its not working and not be afraid to try something different.

Seann is still mad that his Chairman forced him to sell his best striker for 2.9 mil when he is in the middle of a promotion fight,

If only you could do something about that. I mean any chairman would know that you would potentially make more than that if you were to succeed in getting promoted.

I definitely would like SI to improve the AI in this and other regards.

Archived