chairmen how to get rid of them ......

me and my mate have started a new game recently with us both going non league teams, hes BSP team and im a BSS team.

i signed a player in the summer window who has scored 19 goals now and its january, my mate came in with a offer of £80,000 which my board accepted to my annoyance

then the same thing happend to my friends team, which one of his players was sold from under his nose.

my chairmans status is "would never league under his violation" or along the lines

and friends chairman status is "loves the club"

i am wondering how do i get them to want to sell the club............do i have to create a club debt or just not be successful

80k?

I'd have sold him in a heartbeat. Money is tight in the low leagues, while free agents are everywhere. Pocket the mpney, replace him with a free transfer that's just as good. Then sell him too if you get the chance.

Low level clubs are selling clubs. If you don't, you'll end up in debt before long.

Actually that could be an interesting feature, where you try to secretly undermine your chairman to get him out, I'm sure it must happen IRL. It would be high stakes of course, if you get found out you'd be for the high jump...

Of course there's the obligatory "Use FMRTE to edit the chairman" argument. Just make him very old, he'll retire. No guarantees about what the next chairman would be, but you'd see a change. For sh*ts and giggles I ran through a quick game before replying to this, making chairmen retire sequentially, and it's pretty simple, not too many hitches in the transfer of ownership (ie: falling through at the last minute) though there is always a transfer embargo put in place while the club's future is "in the balance". Don't try this trick during a transfer window.

Otherwise, if you don't want your players being sold out from under you by the board, just set the asking price to $0 and "Reject all offers". Old trick from previous FMs that means all the clubs come knocking with insulting offers and the players don't get upset about the rejection. "I'm worth more than zero, I'm staying here where they pay me $100 a week". :)

Archived