Natural fitness???

does this determine how quickly the players physical attributes decline when they reach a certain age?

im west ham and benni mccarthy has natural fitness 3 and his physicall stats are dropping rapidly... what else does natural fitness mean??

yeah i thought stamina was during the match to?...

would it be the ability to keep themselves fit for example david beckham natural fitness 14 age 35 and he seems to be always fit whereas (fat) ronaldo world class player then went on holiday and came back chubby so he would be quite low im guessing (retired now though :p)

Stamina is during the match. Natural Fitness is how fast will player recover after the match and it can be indicator of how injury prone player is, though it doesn't have to mean anything ad I've seen fair share of players for who world class coaches say that they are good athčetes, but rather injury prone. All those had Natural Fitness of 16 and more.

Natural fitness is useful to know when you need to keep the player on the bench...it's like a ratio on 20 matches. If player have 10 in natural fitness, it means he can play 90mns football game every two matches with his top form. If he play more, risk of injuries increased and jadedness increase too. So you need to adjust rotation of your team to the natural fitness of your whole squad.

It's useful also for contract, cause If you have a player with only "5" in natural fitness, don't propose him a key player contract...cause he can not play every match, he can be only a substitute....

To resume, keep on eye on natural fitness for squad rotation, player contract, condition and jadedness.

Injury Proneness is a hidden attribute - it has nothing to do with natural fitness. It is as its name suggests

Stamina (as shown in the attributes list) determines how long you can last in-game before performance-reducing effects takes place. Certain roles are more demanding than others.

It is worth noting that the less stamina you have (in-game) the more likely you are of getting injured. This is expressed as a percentage on your tactics screen.

I always thought stamina was for the length of time a player can maintain his top speed (pace) while sprinting, while natural fitness determined how quickly his condition dropped during a match and recovered after it, whilst also being an indicator of how his physical attributes were likely to decline over the course of his career.

Stamina is during the match. Natural Fitness is how fast will player recover after the match and it can be indicator of how injury prone player is, though it doesn't have to mean anything ad I've seen fair share of players for who world class coaches say that they are good athčetes, but rather injury prone. All those had Natural Fitness of 16 and more.

it depends on the scout. a lot of FM scouts (I mean the guys who work for SI, not the guys in the game!) correlate natural fitness with injury proneness, but it shouldn't be that way. Matthew Bates is a good example - he's a great athlete, in terms of cardio fitness and all that, but he just has really bad knees. that's reflected in the game with his 18 natural fitness but high injury proneness.

Speaking of injury proneness, is there actually a way to reduce this in the game? Not via cheating 3rd party applications and such.

Giggs, for example, was injured an aweful lot when he was 30 or thereabouts. Went limping off every other game it seemed. But now he barely gets injured. Maybe he is a rare and special case, but it should be possible to lower this in-game too. Not a magic formula, but it should be possible. I don't know if it is since I don't use those applications, but I don't think so.

Speaking of injury proneness, is there actually a way to reduce this in the game? Not via cheating 3rd party applications and such.

Giggs, for example, was injured an aweful lot when he was 30 or thereabouts. Went limping off every other game it seemed. But now he barely gets injured. Maybe he is a rare and special case, but it should be possible to lower this in-game too. Not a magic formula, but it should be possible. I don't know if it is since I don't use those applications, but I don't think so.

I think the injury proneness is in itself fixed but you can probably lessen the effect of it by having very good coaches, training regimes and training facilities.

Archived