The Changing Face of Football

Since football has changed a lot in the past few years I wanted to ask some question regarding how SI and SEGA plan to adapt these changed in the next game.

We have seen teams with more aggressive tactics, faster game play and a more physical approach of players. Off the field we see football more than a game and a business. Financial survival is now more important.

Will we get to see the REAL Football as it is today or the idealistic clean & pure game that FIFA can only dream of ????

Powerful Agents and Players

Players today have more negotiating power than the clubs. They can ask for transfer or force a transfer by buying out their contracts. The may demand pay rise after a good season. If a manager forces a player out of the first team FIFA allows the players to terminate his contract after an arbitration.

Agents on the other hand can force their own agenda and sell or offer players to other club for their profit.

Will we see a more powerful players and Agents coming in the next game ?

Tapping Up of Players

Why are we kidding ourselves. It happens more than admitted.

Will the future game include options like reporting a club to FIFA or to actually force a deal with a player behind the club's back?

Manager Transfer Seductions

Arsene Wenger flew out to met Ramsey and his family. That was the edge Arsenal had over Manutd when they pipped them to get Aaron Ramsey.

Manutd offered Petrucci a deal to cover his flying costs back to Italy and also offered a job to his father as a gardner.

Deal sweetners and seduction tactics are very important when many clubs are after the same player who may be the next BIG thing.

Will managers be able to throw in some extra incentive in future games or offer something unique to the players before signing them?

Dirty Tactics

Some managers tell players to dive. Others encourage them to fall over if touched in the penalty box. Time wasting and play acting is almost visible in every game.

A manager rating for dirtiness will be a good option.

Will we able to give such instructions to players or have them coded in their personality?

OFFSIDE and GOAL LINE TECHNOLOGY

The only reason why this is not being implemented in real life is the lack of resources of Clubs. If this is implemented in will make games more fair and will give not make you feel cheated if you loose. If you win you won because of better tactics.

Since this is a computer games, the AI of the game has the most precise way of detecting Offside, Goals and Fouls.

Why don't we see a precise and accurate ruling for offsides,goals and fouls for future games?

I hope for these suggestion to be taken seriously by the game developers.

Jehanzeb

Will we see a more powerful players and Agents coming in the next game ?

Agents ARE coming into the game a bit more with each release. Occasionally you now get "offered" a player who wants to play for you. However, the dirty tricks they use are not part of the game in general and do not represent the majority of footballers. There may be a situation arising with Chrissy Ronaldo, but how many others are there? I agree there should be more interraction with agents/players but the dirty stuff will just irritate gamers. "I'm Wycombe and just won the Champions League. WHY does my star player's agent advise him to go on strike until I agree to sell him to Real Madrid?"

Why are we kidding ourselves. It happens more than admitted.

Will the future game include options like reporting a club to FIFA or to actually force a deal with a player behind the club's back?

SI will only include features in the game that are part of the real life rules. They've stated it time and again. Even if they WOULD implement this, the feature would only kick in with regen managers and players due to the legal implications of suggesting, say, Wenger tapping up a young up-an-comer from a lower division.

Will managers be able to throw in some extra incentive in future games or offer something unique to the players before signing them?

The amount of detail in your example would be very difficult to implement and even harder to play. Already too much hinges on the "correct" team talks, press comments etc, and this would just be another coin-flip.

I'd definitely like to see more options. "We'll find you a house", "We'll give you a car with a sat-nav", etc, to help them settle in. It could throw a few random demands up like "My mum needs a house too" for young foreigners.

With transfers, though, I'd prefer more club-to-club interraction. Additional clauses such as success-based add-ons. I hear the Champions League win has cost Man U a pretty penny and Everton are quite happy with that (the Rooney transfer).

Some managers tell players to dive...

Will we able to give such instructions to players or have them coded in their personality?

It is already coded into the players. I doubt SI will allow gamers to "encourage" players to do this for the same reasons as tapping up - it's not part of the "proper" game. I'd really hate to see it since it's not necessary in FM at all. The question I ask of any new feature idea is: how much will it increase my enjoyment of the game?

The only reason why this is not being implemented in real life is the lack of resources of Clubs.

It's not implemented in FM because it isn't implemented in clubs.

Why don't we see a precise and accurate ruling for offsides,goals and fouls for future games?

To have perfect refs in FM would be a step backwards. I WOULD like to see more support from the media and FA, and even a ref's apology when they do get it wrong, though.

In football in general, people seem to think goal line technology is the holy grail of decision making, but honestly, some offside decisions can still have pundits arguing into the closing credits about whether player X was "active" when the ball was played. The "over-the-line" beep at tennis is not flawless, either. The goal line thing could be cleared up with a quick replay that the fourth official could observe and signal to the ref to stop the game, but other than that it's difficult.

Powerful Agents and Players

Already in there, but limited in how far you can take it. Don't want it to become another irritant in the game that comes up far too often.

Tapping Up of Players

Imagine you are Jamie Carragher and a computer game is depicting you as the sort of person who would break the law and accept offers from a club, you wouldn't be happy. Imagine you run Wigan and find otu a comp game is depicting you as the kind of club who would break the law, you wouldn't be happy.

It can't be included for legal reasons and it shouldn't be included.

Manager Transfer Seductions

It would be limited in what you could offer and ultimately would become tiresome and a feature that was a pain in the backside more than anything else.

Dirty Tactics

It is coded in their personality i.e. hidden atributes for dirtyness etc. There's no need to tell them to do it, they just do it.

It isn't available IRL so why implement it in a game that is supposed to represent real life. I don't want a game where refs don't make mistakes, it would unrealistic.

Archived