The Return of the Referee Bug to 11.3

sorry to be bringing back old threads, but i think that i just had an epiphany. i am just wondering about those threads where people are complaining about redcards

"there are too many redcards!!!" says the dude with the card happy ref.

"what are you talking about? i don´t have that problem at all" says the dude with the lenient ref.

"i tell you, there is something seriously wrong" says the dude with the card happy ref.

"ah stop moaning and a good frmte to you" says the dude with the lenient ref.

imagine that it could appply to some of the other issues, now that would be really funny

that ref hasn't handed out a red card in atleast his last 10 matches. what's wrong with that ? 2 or 3 yellow cards a match isn't a card happy ref or game breaking. Nothing wrong with hose figures, now if a ref was to hand out 8+ yellow cards per match then yes, that is what is known as a card happy ref.

that ref hasn't handed out a red card in atleast his last 10 matches. what's wrong with that ? 2 or 3 yellow cards a match isn't a card happy ref or game breaking. Nothing wrong with hose figures, now if a ref was to hand out 8+ yellow cards per match then yes, that is what is known as a card happy ref.

Doesn't matter... still shows that the ref's aren't being properly randomized. So there will be some team that's always getting the real strict ones.

What Martyr said.

Wonder how this crept back in the game after being fixed with the first patch?

game breaking

you may want to renew your specs, buddy. no one but you have even said the word gamebreaking, there is a big difference between pointing out a problem and calling it gamebreaking. why do some of you do this, is it really absolutely necessary that you put words into other peoples mouths?

honestly, it´s kind of dumb. why does everything have to be gamebreaking? :thdn:

you may want to renew your specs, buddy. no one but you have even said the word gamebreaking, there is a big difference between pointing out a problem and calling it gamebreaking. why do some of you do this, is it really absolutely necessary that you put words into other peoples mouths?

honestly, it´s kind of dumb. why does everything have to be gamebreaking? :thdn:

I think you should read over his post again. And then again for good measure. You can't just quote a part of his post and take it out of context, makes you look a right twonk.

I think you should read over his post again. And then again for good measure. You can't just quote a part of his post and take it out of context, makes you look a right twonk.

I think the problem isn't necessarily what Wiitastic said, more the fact that he didn't actually read what the problem was or why it was a problem before he commented.

He saw what he expected to see, which was a thread complaining about a card-happy ref, but in actual fact this is a thread pointing out a problem with the randomisation of referees - which is the underlying problem.

@mikal, what is your problem? read the post and tell me why the gamebreaking thing was mentioned in comparison to what the thead was about. there are so many people changing the whole thing behind the posts by wandering off with paranoid assumptions. why don´t you have a coke and a smile, huh kid. lol

A fresh started 11.3 save with Juventus. My first season I had 120sh yellow cards and 16 red. Next season I had 50sh yellow and 4 red cards. I didn't change anything but a few players off course (Both seasons I used Melo who is a sure candidate for many cards). Same tactics and same ass man.

I didn't check whether the refs where practically the same every match, though. 2½ season in I've just checked the last 15 league matches and it seems to be fairly randomized having the same ref no more than twice... So guess these statistics are not gonna shine much light on the subject :rolleyes: (or maybe things are as they should be)

Its pretty random on my save too. Had around 9 different refs in 11 matches in the 2nd season with Basingstoke in the BSP.

I see you're playing with an edited database. Maybe there are few refs in the league you're managing in. Forcing the game to reuse the ref?

Wasn't this always an issue in just the lower leagues? I had the same ref for a few seasons until I got promoted several times, and then it stopped. It definitely didn't used to be due to an edited database, but might it be one of those things that doesn't get fixed in games started prior to the patch (or take a season to iron out)?

Doesn't matter... still shows that the ref's aren't being properly randomized. So there will be some team that's always getting the real strict ones.

so why would anyone care about it aslong as they didnt get a strict ref all the time ?

due to the fact that when a vast majority of people who whine and complain that they have a bad bug, they usually consider it game breaking, i'm just helping out the OP because that is what he was clearly thinking :)

as I said in the post above, why would anyone care about the use of refs, aslong s they didn't cope a card happy red. And it's also clear the OP hasn't

So there isnt the possibility that they do. And so the game works properly.

unfortunately the game will never be 100 perfect, its near on impossible for it to be.

well if they haven;t got a card happy ref now, they wont in the future, unless they are starting at the bottom and getting promoted all the time.

Or how about, changing their tactics so their players aren't agro on the field and don't tackle hard big time.

due to the fact that when a vast majority of people who whine and complain that they have a bad bug, they usually consider it game breaking, i'm just helping out the OP because that is what he was clearly thinking :)

as I said in the post above, why would anyone care about the use of refs, aslong s they didn't cope a card happy red. And it's also clear the OP hasn't

Just got back from happy hour? Where did I say it was game breaking? And, if this bug was in the game 11.0..removed 11.1..why is it back in? And why shouldnt it be taken out again?

Again with the putting words into people's mouths. You might want to try and get that under control :)

As for why it's a problem? Believe it or not there are a lot of people who enjoy the realism in this game, and anything which takes away from that can be seen as a negative factor. Yes, the OP might not have had a card-happy ref on this occasion, but I guarantee you plenty of people with this same problem have done.

Speaking even from the perspective of a huge, long-time fan of FM, this is one of the most glaring bugs they've had in years, and it is disappointing that SI said they would address it in 11.3 and haven't.

Just my 2 pennies.

Speaking even from the perspective of a huge, long-time fan of FM, this is one of the most glaring bugs they've had in years, and it is disappointing that SI said they would address it in 11.3 and haven't.

Just my 2 pennies.

They never said they would address it in 11.3, it had already been addressed before 11.3. It just so happens to have reappeared in 11.3 and nobody is entirely sure why.

They never said they would address it in 11.3, it had already been addressed before 11.3. It just so happens to have reappeared in 11.3 and nobody is entirely sure why.

Ah ok, my bad. I had 11.1.1 and it existed, and then 11.3... maybe I missed a patch or something

It looks like you're playing with a custom database, and it may just be limitations with that database.

Nope. Its not a limitation of the DB as the issue was fixed before. And, even if it were, SI developed the game to have edited DB's so one would figure that SI would plan for that contingency.

After I had Scott Duncan for 90% of my matches in my 11.2 save, I thought I'd be sly and solve the problem. I installed 11.3, went into the editor and made Scott Duncan a 16 year old CA 10 player and stuck him in my youth squad where I could keep an eye on him. He's there alright, but now a different ref does 90% of my matches in my new save. Fortunately he's very lenient!

I can't emphasise enough how big a bug this is - makes the game genuinely unplayable at times when affected by it. So disappointing that it won't be till FM12 (if they even sort it out for that game!) that I can get a good, realistic lower league journeyman game going.

So...if I'm in the Premier League, I'm stuck with Webb forever? Or just until the end of the season?

As far as I was aware, this issue (previously?) only ever effected lower league teams.

I think it was in L2 that I finally started getting different refs. Are you saying you're in the EPL and always get the same ref?

Archived