What happens to your old games when you update to a new patch?

So basically I'm up to season 5 of a game I started on 11.2 - I want to keep playing progressing with this save, but I'd also like to start a new fresh save with a different team. My question is - will updating to the new patch and continuing my current game (which was started with 11.2) adversely affect it in any way? Does it affect it at all? I'd like to update, but I don't want it screwing things up on a very enjoyable game I'm having so far. Thanks.

Your save will be compatible with the new patch and the only things that you wont get on an old save with the latest patch are database changes, you will still get all bug fixes though and it definitely shouldn't ruin your save, although I have heard on here that people have had to change their tactic after patching due to ME changes making their old tactic less effective.

Your save will be compatible with the new patch and the only things that you wont get on an old save with the latest patch are database changes, you will still get all bug fixes though and it definitely shouldn't ruin your save, although I have heard on here that people have had to change their tactic after patching due to ME changes making their old tactic less effective.

So with the database changes, does that mean that there will be no changes to any of the players CA/PA?

So with the database changes, does that mean that there will be no changes to any of the players CA/PA?

There will be no changes. The data in your save game will be unaffected.

When you start a new game you can chose which database version to use, so you can pick the latest (11.3) or stick with 11.2 if you want.

Archived