Messi wins Golden Ball 11 times in a row.

messikp.jpg

Total dominance by Leo Messi on save. Never seen a player win it so many times in a row and now Barcelona have the player who have won it 4 times in a row although one of them times was as a Man City player. Anyone else seen such domination?

It is 11 if you count the one in 2009 as well.

So it is normal then?

Bit strange though he has never averaged under an 8.11 on my save. Iniesta got 8.52 in 2011 but still couldn't beat Messi who averaged 8.6. He hasn't won player of the year as many times though.

On FM10, this is called World Footballer of the Year, right?

In my save, Messi won it for five straight years between 2011 and 2015. From 2011 to 2020, he won it eight times in total. The other players to win it were Yoann Gourcuff and Sergio Aguero.

A St. Albans City player, the legendary Michel Vermeer has won it for the last four years in a row. :cool:

On FM10, this is called FIFA World Player of the Year, right?

In my save, Messi won it for five straight years between 2011 and 2015. From 2011 to 2020, he won it eight times.

A St. Albans City player, the legendary Michel Vermeer, has won it for the last four years in a row. :cool:

I think that is what it is called. Four years in a row is cool, what a legend.

wheres Ronaldo? It usually swings between him and Messi in my game, occasionally Aguero, after they retire i find the golden ball a lot more interesting, its always between those three in any game i have done, Pique also wins defender of the year almost every year until he hits 32-33

wheres Ronaldo? It usually swings between him and Messi in my game, occasionally Aguero, after they retire i find the golden ball a lot more interesting, its always between those three in any game i have done, Pique also wins defender of the year almost every year until he hits 32-33

Cristiano Ronaldo came 3rd in 2012, 2nd in 2013 and 2014 and nowhere at all after that. He came second in 2013 in the world player of the year losing out to Paulo Henrique. Aguero has finished runner up and in 3rd place quite a lot, Pjanic seems to have won world player of the year and finished in the top three of both quite a lot over his career.

Cristiano Ronaldo bumped him off in 2013, and my player won it in 2016 and Messi didn't even place!

... But yes, it is Jan 2018 and in all other years it has been Messi's award.

I think SI really need to adjust the way that these awards are meted out in-game. One of the most enjoyable aspects of the games for me is having one of your players achieve such recognition for his exploits over the course of a season. However, it seems that it's impossible for Messi (and to some extent Ronaldo) to get an average rating below 8 for a season. I don't understand how he manages it either. I mean, I know he's vastly superior in real life to pretty much any player, but in-game one can get players to perform better than he does. I've had several seasons where my striker has scored over thirty goals and double-figure assists (admittedly achieving an average rating of around 8), and yet Messi, with under ten goals, and fewer than twenty assists, has a rating approaching ten...

There was even a season where I think Pastore achieved 28 assists and 19 goals - double Messi's tally - and lost out. It doesn't make much sense.

For a start I think reputation has far too much to do with it. Messi is presumably pretty much the highest rated in that respect, but Pastore, performing to that level in a Palermo team that defies expectation to win Serie A, is surely a shoe-in. Just because Pastore's reputation is lower shouldn't have quite such a negative effect. I mean it's not like he banged them in in league 2 in front of a couple of thousand people. Everyone in the world would have sat up and taken notice. I know I'm targeting this example, but it's happened with Babacar and Neymar as well - again admittedly when they were very young, and thus had lower reputation stats.

Secondly, I think the way that Messi is rated in AI games seems adjusted to fit with his reputation (I'm well aware this may be an ignorant comment, but something just doesn't seem right). Whenever I have played Barcelona he does very little, and I do not adjust my tactics specifically to nullify him at all. I don't understand where his average rating comes from. He doesn't always have prolific seasons, and when he doesn't his pass completion etc. are not stratospheric, and yet he apparently plays out of his skin every game?

Bit of a rant, but I'm fed up of knowing my best player will never beat him to the award...if someone has a decent explaination, enlighten me...

He won it 5 times in a row on my game... Then in a fateful encounter in a champions league final I had my players tackling him hard and one thing led to another and his leg sort of broke... Was never the same player again and didn't even place after that.

Archived