Wonderkid goalie, what to do

Here's the problem:

I've got this 19-year-old Brazilian goalkeeper who happened to become a wonderkid + he already played 5 games for brazilian national team.

It's summer transfer window being open right now and I want to find a club for him, yet no club seems to be interested in loaning him.

I'd really like this kid to have as much playing time as possible and since he's my 3rd choice goalie, he doesn's stand a chance of even sitting on the bench at my club.

Is there a way to convince other clubs to loan him?

I tried offering him to clubs with this 'can be recalled clause' removed and wages payed by the other club set to 0%. Didn't work.

Is it actually possible to loan out so young gk?

+ I'm playing in Spain so moving the player to the reserves team could not be a good choice due to widely known reasons.

Do you not have any feeder clubs?

Sure, Velez Sarsfield and Atletico Pararanaense would be great for this particular player but I can't move the gk to these clubs, don't know why.

The only choice left is Millwall, League 1, currently.

So, would it be better for him to train at my club and not play or play anywhere, even Millwall?

I've also tried to loan out a young but good goalkeeper, with no success.

If i had a feeder club, i'd just move him there. I think they cant refuse a loan, can they?

Don't think so, the player can though. Of course, even if they are forced to take him, they don't have to play him.

I had this trouble with an 19y/o Argentinian Goalkeeper.

Was a wonder kid, had great potential yet every season i couldnt get him to go on loan...very rarely would a club make a loan offer for him...but if they would, he would just refuse it anyway!

The only time i could get him on loan was when he was about 23 and that was back to his homeland!

Sure, Velez Sarsfield and Atletico Pararanaense would be great for this particular player but I can't move the gk to these clubs, don't know why.

The only choice left is Millwall, League 1, currently.

So, would it be better for him to train at my club and not play or play anywhere, even Millwall?

Ok, well think of it this way; if you loaned him to a top division club, would he be guaranteed to play? Probably not. If he went to a lower league side, the chances are greatly increased so he'll get more playing time. I guess it just depends on whether he would be interested in playing for Millwall and how good your training is? If its that good, maybe promote him to 2nd choice as if he is a wonderkid then he is unlikely to let you down. Think of Casillas in real life! I also brought De Gea to replace Van Der Sar at the start of the 2011-12 season and he was immediately my first choice for Man Utd, despite being only 19

Try to give him 10 games or so (cup games, games against teams in the bottom of the table), and in the meantime, try to get another feeder club that would be a better fit to loan him out too. (maybe in brazil).

Asked the board to find a feeder club in the country, will see if they do find a decent one until the transfer window is closed.

If this doesn't work I think I'm gonna make him my 2nd choice as the current 2nd choice gk's contract is coming to an end in a year. Won't be easy to give up on him but this wonderkid really seems to have a great future, he could be the new Julio Cesar, I'd say.

Anyway, thanks for the tips :)

There seems to be less interest for higher level GK loans in the game. I have a few wonderkid goalkeepers but none of them were asked for a loan, offered them out for 0% wage and none is interested. Whereas for lower level and less developed ones, I don't even need to offer them out, plenty come asking.

I had the same problem on 10, so I guess this is another instance of 'issues' carrying over between FMs. Had 2 fantastic goalies, plus a wonderkid. Probably same issue you have. Tried to sell one of the great ones, but nobody wanted him. Not even on loan. In the end I offered him around for free (or damn close to it) and still nobody were interested. Same with loan. He was probably better than any other goalie in the country (besides my other guy) but nobody were interested. Very strange.

Feeder clubs is probably your best option, but it's not a great one as they tend to be in relatively poor leagues or of poor standard. At least he'll get game time though, but unless the standard of the league and/or club is pretty good he probably won't develop a whole lot. In my experience goalkeepers need to play a lot to develop.

i had the same issue, my solution involved selling my best keeper for £40m+ chucking in the wonderkid straight away and them spending the money on other areas of the field as i know ive got a keeper for 10+ seasons

Yeah, just play him. My keeper has started for England for a season and a half now and he's only just turned 21. Played him since he was 18/19. Sell your other keepers and wax the cash on an awesome striker.

don't place him on the reserve squad, keep him up, but make him available to the reserves, make sure you don't have anymore goalies available and schedule a ton of reserve matches. thats the route i usually go in similar circumstances.

why is he third choice? are your 1st and 2nd choice keepers similar in quality?

personally, if the wonderkid has the potential to be first choice then he needs to play some games. keep your first choice and look to get some money from your second choice, there are always plenty of keepers available who are more than capable understudies if needed in the future. rotate the wonderkid with the 1st choice, giving him a decent number of games (if you are competing in all competitions in there should be 60+ games to be played over the season plus internationals) which will give him a chance to improve

A GK wonderkid ? i'd be playing the lad as my #1 for sure and keep your normal backup gk for the 1st team, sell your #1 Gk at the moment and keep any other gk's in the reserves. Maybe keep 1 extra gk in the First team but not pick him in the starting 11 nor on the bench, just incase 1 of your gk's gets injured in your first team

I had 3 goalies who all were wonderkids at some point. Wasn't easy to sell any either, which I found odd. Give away price and nobody wanted them. So I ended up trying to play my two main ones now and then, and give the youngest one a match here and there. Don't end up in the same situation. Sell on your second goalie so at least the wonderkid can get a decent amount of games each season. When he matures sell off the main guy too. Or sell them both now and make the wonderkid your number one. Hopefully you'll have more luck than me selling them.

Archived