One Year Extension after X games

Alright, I have quite a few players on the clause "One Year extension after X games". Does this automatically renew? For example;

John Smith is in the last year of his contract in the 10/11 season. I play him in X games, so his contract extends to the end of 11/12. In 11/12, I play him in X games. Will his contract again extend, this time to the end of 12/13?

Also, I had a player who's contract was due to renew after 20 games. At the start of January, he'd played 19, so someone else offered him a contract. While he was mulling that over, we played the 20th game, and it was extended. Three days later, he rejected the contract offer. What would have happened if he'd accepted that offer?

No, it is only a 1 year extension. You will have to negotiate a new contract.

He would have joined the other team at the end of the season. The 1 year extension is upto (irl) the player to accept. If he plays 20 games but decides he doesn't want the extension, then he can leave at the end of his contract.

The 1 year extension is upto (irl) the player to accept. If he plays 20 games but decides he doesn't want the extension, then he can leave at the end of his contract.

That's not true. In real life, Middlesbrough extended Gary O'Neil's contract against his will last year. In the game, my player had no choice - it automatically extended without him agreeing to anything.

No, it is only a 1 year extension. You will have to negotiate a new contract.

He would have joined the other team at the end of the season. The 1 year extension is upto (irl) the player to accept. If he plays 20 games but decides he doesn't want the extension, then he can leave at the end of his contract.

The option can either be up to the player, up to the club or a mutual option.

Archived