Tarnished reputation: I don't get it!

:(Took over Wigan at start of season 2012, following their demotion from Premiership. With 4 games left to play we have just won the Championship title. I have noticed that (in the "Confidence" section) the Board is concerned we are not being held in the same status/esteem as we used to be held. Also, they are concerned that the club's reputation is being "tarnished" by performances on the field. BTW, my "jon security" rating is "untouchable; go figure!

We have had a few sendings off recently & I have had a few managers slagging me off; but, for C's sake, what does the board want? Results, or pretty footie with mid-table position & :(no sendings off.

Been playing this game for many years & never had these messages before.

Just makes me want to resign from Wigan & move on the where fans are more results oriented. Mind you, I am interested in hoe to turn this around.

Any advice from a similar sufferer?

I think this problem will sort it self out when you are back in the Premier League next year. Being in the Championship has caused your reputation to decrease and rightly so. You wont have as many televised games for one thing so the masses dont see you as much. Also you are in a lower division so naturally you wont be seen to be as good now compared to when you were a Prem team.

Look again next season and assuming you do alright and dont flirt with relegation you will see this part of the Board Confidence get back to at least 50%

Archived