two questions.

I recently quit redditch after 3 years(1 FA trophy, 1 promotion) i had a regional rep. After i quit it went to unproven (i thought this was maybe because i had a few leagues selected so it was giving my world rep, rather than my rep in england.) but when i got a new job(in england) it stayed at unproven. not a major concern just was wondering why its like this. my rep must still be high(ish) because when i declared interest in the relegated league 2 team i was apparently considered as the front runner.

also any one got any tips on livening (spelling?) up a long game(this one) because when i went to my new team i couldnt really get back into it, i could reload and try and stay at redditch i suppose, i dont really want to restart, first time ive got past 3 seasons in a game starting from the bottom.

The only thing I can think of is that your reputation was higher and regional because you were at that club, but once you left everyone forgot about you and moved on, so you became unproven again. Perhaps even after being regional rep you didn't prove anything and so reverted back when leaving.

I always have this problem, especially when i leave Bayern Munich and after about 4 seasons elsewhere I get bored, but I also get bored when I retuen to Bayern. I'm considering a break from club management for a few years as the Euros are coming up in my game, but the best advice is to go for a real challenge. As you know I went to Barca and it's been really boring and I wish I had stayed at Spurs (who I went to after Bayern) and continued the efforts to win the BPL, it was more challenging and more frustrating, which made it more enjoyable.

The first is probably because you quit rather than moving jobs. There are real problems with the reputation calculations in this game.

As for the second it depends on what you enjoy in the game. Personally, I have two types of games: sticking with a team and rebuilding every few seasons, and games where I climb the career ladder. I've only started in BSN once and walked the league with Harrogate and couldn't get into the second season. Lowest I start is L1 these days.

One option is to really annoy your board and play one season at each club. Do well with your new club and jump up a league each year - either with this club or apply for new jobs in the summer with higher rep clubs. Get a rep as a "jouneyman manager".

Sorry, no definitive advice. Hopefully gives you a couple of thoughts.

like i said im not too fussed with the rep thing, can still get the top BSP, cant make the break into the league proper though, missed out twice with redditch. and applied for the league 2 clubs and despite being one of the favourites never got them.

i was going to leave redditch when my contract was up but decided to give it another year. I signed a couple of players to bolster the squad (including yorke to replace retired di canio,parlour to replace hadji, i think a news item should be introduced for former stars going to lower clubs) anyway i lost my first 6 games by at least 2 goals everytime and didnt score a goal, so i gave the board an ultimatum, i want some money or im off(didnt get a single penny the whole time i was there, any transfer money went into the chairmans pocket.) anyway they sacked me. so i holidayed until i got another job, january kidderminster came knocking, check the league redditch hadnt lost a game since i left and were sitting second place and yorke had 15 goals. how the tables turn.

thanks for the advice i may, even though i dont like to do this, just load to the start of the season again and try getting redditch promoted, its the only way to save my save.

Archived