Subtle hint that my player may want to leave?

Noticed this after a recent news item I received;

mahotonewsitem.png

After that there were no further enquires, except from QPR who offered £70k (rejected btw).

But then I notice good old Gauthier has a new best friend;

mahotofavouredpersonnel.png

guiseppesannino.png

So even though he's enjoying playing for the club and has no immediate plans for the future, does he subtly want to leave? :thdn:

Anyone had anything like this happen before? I guess he'll be annoyed if I do reject an offer from Varese.

Has Sannino being talking about him constantly for the last six months, saying how much he "admires" him and "would love" to have him at the club?

My guess is that it's probably that, you should be all right as long as you don't go too bolshy with keeping him. The big difference will be when it's time for Varese to offer a contract, Mahoto should accept lower wages to work under a manager he likes.

Happens all the time with my players, if they get praised, they end up with a new manager on their list.

One player has 33 favoured personnel and 1 of them is me, 3 have played for the club, and i think one was the international manager at the time.

I don't think they WANT to leave, just happy with praise from that person.

Has Sannino being talking about him constantly for the last six months, saying how much he "admires" him and "would love" to have him at the club?

My guess is that it's probably that, you should be all right as long as you don't go too bolshy with keeping him. The big difference will be when it's time for Varese to offer a contract, Mahoto should accept lower wages to work under a manager he likes.

The only mention of Sannino has been that news article. May Gauthier is just an easily led kind of person :)

Check Sannino's conversations history. Because in my game Mahoto is not friends with him. It is usually that unless it's a pre-existing relationship.

Was Mahoto avaliable on a free? Just wondering

afaik that is the only thing Sannino has said to the lad.

Ye, he was available on a free

Archived