Advice for players struggling to blend into the squad

I keep playing em' as subs maybe with 15-20 minutes of the match remaining, and if they perform well praise them. If I keep doing that then eventually they come around (mostly!).. works a treat if the team is winning when they enter the game as the positive results seems to rub off. Is more problematic if the player is not blending in as they don't think you have the necessary experience as a manager or have taken a dislike to another player ... if the team is doing well and they are involved then eventually they will come around. Don't drop them into the reserves if they first team players though as this seems to get their backs up and can quickly undo your good work!

I keep playing em' as subs maybe with 15-20 minutes of the match remaining, and if they perform well praise them. If I keep doing that then eventually they come around (mostly!).. works a treat if the team is winning when they enter the game as the positive results seems to rub off. Is more problematic if the player is not blending in as they don't think you have the necessary experience as a manager or have taken a dislike to another player ... if the team is doing well and they are involved then eventually they will come around. Don't drop them into the reserves if they first team players though as this seems to get their backs up and can quickly undo your good work!

What if they dislike the manager?

I think it has minimal impact in the matches for starters, so nothing to worry about. But it's probably just tied to their adaptability attribute.

But starting players gets them settled in best, so if they are good enough then start them, they will still perform, I've never had players look questionable outside the first couple games if they are good enough. Also I've had players they weren't reported as having trouble blending after starting in place of an injured player, once they went back tot he bench and didn't get as much play time they went to having trouble blending.

It's like the language thing, something they put in but never really made robust because there is no real interaction we have with it.

Edit: in response to superscunk below... have you changed many other players at the club? if you have players that have been there for ages will still have to blend with a lot of new faces. Or is this a new save and they are team vets, new saves tend to have things start from zero in many areas it seems.

I'm asking myself the same question.

Since several games two of my long serving players are said to have "serious problems" to blend in.

Babacar: in the club since 9 years, gained my nationality, captain

Pjanic: in the club since 7 years, speaks my language, vice-captain

This blending problem came out of nowhere (at least nothing special happend). Both are happy too.

Weird...

I'm asking myself the same question.

Since several games two of my long serving players are said to have "serious problems" to blend in.

Babacar: in the club since 9 years, gained my nationality, captain

Pjanic: in the club since 7 years, speaks my language, vice-captain

This blending problem came out of nowhere (at least nothing special happend). Both are happy too.

Weird...

i think it meens the personality imagine you have robinho at your club for 10 years but in all those 10 years every other player has high work rate and determination he would never be able to blend in with the majority with the squad

Squad Personality: Highly Professional

No clue about their hidden attributes.

But it does make sense what both of you write. Now that you mention it, this started sometime after winter-transfers.

I bought 3 youth players. This must have changed the squad personality which i'm pretty sure used to be "Very Determined" or "Very Ambitious".

This does not really make sense in view of realism (3 youths unsettling my captains?) but it does in view of game mechanics.

Thanks guys :)

This does not really make sense in view of realism (3 youths unsettling my captains?) but it does in view of game mechanics.

This is the heart of it... it's something they put in for depth but never filled in that depth so it's mostly meaningless. But as you said, it doesn't make sense in a lot of ways because of it.

What footballmanager wrote makes sense, if the personality of the squad changed some of the players can have a hard time fitting in specially if the adaptability is low.

Squad Personality: Highly Professional

No clue about their hidden attributes.

But it does make sense what both of you write. Now that you mention it, this started sometime after winter-transfers.

I bought 3 youth players. This must have changed the squad personality which i'm pretty sure used to be "Very Determined" or "Very Ambitious".

I thought about this some more and i'm not sure if the theory of squad personality is correct:

1. FMRTE revealed that Babacar/Pjanic have professional 18/15 as stats, respectively.

Infact, those 2 players are my main tutors since years, so a big part of the team should have similar personality stats (and suffer the same team-blend issues).

2. If such a change in squad personality would have an effect on team-blend, wouldn't this have been spotted by many others already?

3. Tutoring could then cause team-blend issues. I always have 5-6 players tutoring at any given time, and i'm sure lots of you guys as well. So if squad personality has an effect, the odd unfitting player would always show up someday...and it never has before in all my saves.

Btw, in the meantime a third player joined with "serious problems to blend-in":

Breno, in my team since start of save (15 seasons), professional 18, main tutor, does NOT speak my language AT ALL rofl :rolleyes:

Oh well, i upped my match-prep with focus team-blend and hope this fixes the problem. Would be interesting to know the actual cause though.

Any new player is always going to have 'serious problems blending'. It's just a matter of the not playing together. But again, it has little to no impact that I've ever seen.

i usually start out a save replacing 1/4-1/3 of my squad (if not a little more), the majority of the team spends the first half of the season in a 'many players are failing to blend' state reported by my asst man's match feedback, but they still win. Again, it's just like the language thing, something they put in intending to add depth but never really don't the depth, it's just flavor.

Any new player is always going to have 'serious problems blending'. It's just a matter of the not playing together. But again, it has little to no impact that I've ever seen.

I know that and that's how i always understood team-blend.

But in my case they aren't new players:

Babacar: in the club since 9 years

Pjanic: in the club since 7 years

Breno, in my team since start of save (15 seasons)

I know that and that's how i always understood team-blend.

But in my case they aren't new players:

But you have new players on the team... I'm betting the asst man is telling you a number of players aren't blending and those are just the specific names he gives.

I didn't say they made it clear or make total sense. But it's again... why does it matter when it has little impact? I never even pay attention to that, or half the stuff the asst man tells me because it's moronic... like showing a player onto his weaker foot when he's strong on both. Most of that advice is pointless.

Those new signings are in the youth squad.

And no, the ass-man is only specifically mentioning these three players.

I dont really notice any difference in performance, as you suggest. So yes, i could/will ignore these messages.

I'm just trying to understand the game mechanics :)

Archived