Constant Game Crash

Hello,

I've previously posted a report on a game crash before and I'm still dealing with the same problem again. From my last post Sigames have kindly replied about my problems but it didn't solve the constant crash when entering the 3d match. The last Samsung notebook (RF511-S77S) was all updated to the lates versions, the service center even reinstalled the Windows 7 to 32bit to 64bit but the problem didn't solve. With this constant crash I got a refund because even the service center had no idea about the constant crash. From what I know the notebook's performance is up to date and even advanced graphic games such as Civilization 6 and Starcraft 2 worked with no problem. The only problem that occured in the notebook was the constant crash I was getting from FM2011. So today I went to buy a another notebook but this time I got the notebook from LG. The performance of this computer was similar to the previous Samsung notebook. I tested it if FM2011 worked in the shop but it had the same problem so I came home empty handed. When looking through the website some of the customers where having the same problem with FM2011. From what I believe, I think there is a problem with the game and the current Nvidia Optimus system. I wish to know if there is a similar problem that occurs when using Nvidia Optimus and if there can be any patches that can motify this problem. PLEASE help me out I need my FM2011!!!!

These are the status of the two notebooks:

RF511 S77S SAMSUNG

Intel / Corei7 / i7-2630QM (2.0GHz) / Sandy Bridge/ LED Backlight / 15.6inch / 640GB / 4GB / DDR3 / DVDrecorder / 7 Home Premium / Nvidia / GeForce GT 540M / 1GB DDR3 / 2.6Kg / 6cell / 1Gbps Lan / 802.11n Wireless Lan / HDMI / D-Sub / WebCam / Bluetooth / USB 2.0 / USB 3.0 / Multi Reader / Number Keyboard / Black Keboard

XNOTE A520-PE2RK LG

Intel / Corei7 / i7-2630QM (2.0GHz) / Sandy Bridge/ LED Backlight / 15.6inch / 1600x900 / 500GB / 8GB / DDR3 / DVDrecorder / 7 Home Premium / Nvidia / GeForce GT 540M / 2GB DDR3 / 2.59Kg / 6cell / 1Gbps Lan / 802.11n Wireless Lan / HDMI / D-Sub / WebCam / Bluetooth / USB 2.0 / Multi Reader / Number Keyboard / Black Keboard

Lucas, I've been chatting to a few people, and they have a theory for you.

My new Dell has an NVidia card which supports some sort of switching process, whereby when I'm using normal Windows, my laptop uses the in-built Intel graphics, but when I start to use more graphically intense processes, like DVD's and games, it switches to use the NVidia card.

I think it's called Optimus.

Anyway, the people I know that suffer from FM graphics issues have Optimus cards. Is it possible that the normal FM screens aren't that graphical, so Windows uses the Intel in-built graphics, and then has to "turn on" the NVidia card everytime the 3D match loads, and this constant turning on and off causes complications sometimes?

Just a theory.

Would also explain why other games work (which wouldn't keep switching, most games are constantly graphically heavy), and would also explain why old FM's work well on old computers without these Optimus cards?

I've believe this is the problem, I've even tried to make the graphic to stop switching but the same problem occurs

Hi Gihyun,

I am currently running FM2011 on an acer notebook with similar specs (intel core i7 @ 2.0 Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB hdd). I can play the first match fine but when it comes to the second match, it will freeze and gives a weird sound and black out before windows propmts an error "Windows has stopped working" and the game will terminate.

Are you able to resolve the issue that you are facing currently? I tried running it on another laptop with 2.6 processor and 8GB RAM and it works smoothly. I find it weird that although I met the min requirements as suggested by FM 2011 (for my acer laptop) the game still crashes. Even so, is it my RAM or the processor's that's not good enough?

Thanks much!

Hi Gihyun,

I am currently running FM2011 on an acer notebook with similar specs (intel core i7 @ 2.0 Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB hdd). I can play the first match fine but when it comes to the second match, it will freeze and gives a weird sound and black out before windows propmts an error "Windows has stopped working" and the game will terminate.

Are you able to resolve the issue that you are facing currently? I tried running it on another laptop with 2.6 processor and 8GB RAM and it works smoothly. I find it weird that although I met the min requirements as suggested by FM 2011 (for my acer laptop) the game still crashes. Even so, is it my RAM or the processor's that's not good enough?

Thanks much!

You should check the other post I've posted with the same infomation. There quite

some people dealing with the problem we have. It occurs to me that the Nvidia Optimus system

is the main problem.

• 6 months later...
Lucas, I've been chatting to a few people, and they have a theory for you.

My new Dell has an NVidia card which supports some sort of switching process, whereby when I'm using normal Windows, my laptop uses the in-built Intel graphics, but when I start to use more graphically intense processes, like DVD's and games, it switches to use the NVidia card.

I think it's called Optimus.

Anyway, the people I know that suffer from FM graphics issues have Optimus cards. Is it possible that the normal FM screens aren't that graphical, so Windows uses the Intel in-built graphics, and then has to "turn on" the NVidia card everytime the 3D match loads, and this constant turning on and off causes complications sometimes?

Just a theory.

Would also explain why other games work (which wouldn't keep switching, most games are constantly graphically heavy), and would also explain why old FM's work well on old computers without these Optimus cards?

I've believe this is the problem, I've even tried to make the graphic to stop switching but the same problem occurs

Thanks this helped me solve a very annoying prob. I went into nvidia control panel and changed physx select processor option from auto to ge force and then went to manage 3d settings tab and changed power management mode to prefer max performance. No more crashing for me.

Archived