you rejected a measly transfer offer for me now i think im beckham and want 100k pw

why when every time i reject a transfer offer for a player, they then turn up asking for 4 times there wages, even after ive double their contract in in the last week??

example, i am q.p.r and matthew connally has alot of interest before bids are made i give him a new 4 year deal on 13k per week, thats more than double his wages not to mention a signing on fee, 1 week after accepting leicster offer a measly 1.5 mil for the player worth 1.9 on this value so i obviously reject, i then get him and his ******** agent saying he is unhappy and wants greater terms as i have rejected the transfer offer for him, he wants 26 k per week... ha ha what a joke.

but the annoying thing is for me that this happens every single time you reject an offer for one of your players regardless of his contract status, he becomes unhappy who ever is bidding, and it is becoming so so so repetitive, particuarly as it doesent happen to the ai teams when im chasing their players.

is there a way around this or is it a flaw with the transfer system and a repetitive pain in the backside ive got to deal with like talking to the press and agents ??

why when every time i reject a transfer offer for a player, they then turn up asking for 4 times there wages, even after ive double their contract in in the last week??

example, i am q.p.r and matthew connally has alot of interest before bids are made i give him a new 4 year deal on 13k per week, thats more than double his wages not to mention a signing on fee, 1 week after accepting leicster offer a measly 1.5 mil for the player worth 1.9 on this value so i obviously reject, i then get him and his ******** agent saying he is unhappy and wants greater terms as i have rejected the transfer offer for him, he wants 26 k per week... ha ha what a joke.

but the annoying thing is for me that this happens every single time you reject an offer for one of your players regardless of his contract status, he becomes unhappy who ever is bidding, and it is becoming so so so repetitive, particuarly as it doesent happen to the ai teams when im chasing their players.

is there a way around this or is it a flaw with the transfer system and a repetitive pain in the backside ive got to deal with like talking to the press and agents ??

I have to admit, ive noticed this. I think it may be a bug, for this reason.

I had a young player with decent potential. People kept bidding for him, i kept rejecting. Eventually his agent came to me asking for a better deal for him, which i gave him. He signed the deal, everyone was happy. Few days later a new team bids for him, i reject agent comes to me asking for a new deal for him. I give him a new deal. Same thing happened again, and again, after that i decided to just sell him as i was fed up of doing the same thing over and over again.

I have to admit, ive noticed this. I think it may be a bug, for this reason.

I had a young player with decent potential. People kept bidding for him, i kept rejecting. Eventually his agent came to me asking for a better deal for him, which i gave him. He signed the deal, everyone was happy. Few days later a new team bids for him, i reject agent comes to me asking for a new deal for him. I give him a new deal. Same thing happened again, and again, after that i decided to just sell him as i was fed up of doing the same thing over and over again.

if you reject the demand for a new contract, the player will then demand to speak to you, so you have a chat, then just tell him there is still substantial amount of time left on his contract, or whatever you want to say, and then he will have a pr, which may say; he's developing a good relationship with you!!

basically dont be such a push-over!!

if you reject the demand for a new contract, the player will then demand to speak to you, so you have a chat, then just tell him there is still substantial amount of time left on his contract, or whatever you want to say, and then he will have a pr, which may say; he's developing a good relationship with you!!

This.

I've had this problem no end of times in Mexico and I now do as above and it usually works a treat. Always try to deal with the player rather than the agent!

This is what i do too. It usually works.

You guys never notice each time you reject a nuisance new contract demand from the crook agent, he develops a level of hatred in his opinion of you. To prevent unrealistic uncalled bids for your player, try to set a (un)realistic value on all your players' asking value. That will reduce the occurrence of the agent asking for a new contract everytime a bid is rejected.

I always just tell them they've still got time to run on their current deal and they won't get a new deal now. They usually accept that, or if they don't, then I'll take them round after a little while. I never bow to player pressure, if they don't like it, they can lump it or leave. Their choice.

I have a left back who's pretty hilarious too. Started off as a regen with Liverpool, they didn't play him and eventually released him on a free. He worked his way back up the footballing ladder in Scotland, eventually impressing for Rangers. I signed him for £6m on a £30k/week contract, made him into one of the best left backs in the division, and he has now won England caps.

All of a sudden, Liverpool suddenly want to buy him. His agent hates me and wants £130k/week. I can negotiate him to about £95k/week, which is still way more than I can or want to pay him. Bizarrely, Liverpool have never offered the measly £13.5m on his minimum fee release clause.

I feel I want to sit him down, and point out that Liverpool have already ditched him once. Then point out that the last leftback, who left for Man City in a big money deal, has now only played 8 league games in 2 years.

Thanks ill bare this in mind for next time.

However, i had the last laugh.

He went to chelsea, sat in their reserves and has now been listed for loan and is being chased by league 1 clubs.

Thought i'd put this into pictures;

So I had a £40k loan bid for my key striker who's valued at £1.4m. Obviously that's such a ridiculous bid I felt disgusted I even had to press the reject button. Then this:

30l1kys.png

He wanted a £13k increase in pay, so I rejected the request.

2czsdc9.png

So I had the conversation, went through the motions and...

n4b793.png

Happy days.

Thought i'd put this into pictures;

So I had a £40k loan bid for my key striker who's valued at £1.4m. Obviously that's such a ridiculous bid I felt disgusted I even had to press the reject button. Then this:

30l1kys.png

He wanted a £13k increase in pay, so I rejected the request.

2czsdc9.png

So I had the conversation, went through the motions and...

n4b793.png

Happy days.

Don't be too happy, what you have done have only solved the surface problems. The underlying effect is that because of the rejection of the new contract demand from the agent, the agent now hates you. In the future, if you have to sit down for a new contract, you will face more difficulties. To bypass this stupid agent unfriendliness, just do the agent relations improving trick offered by some intelligent posters.

Don't be too happy, what you have done have only solved the surface problems. The underlying effect is that because of the rejection of the new contract demand from the agent, the agent now hates you. In the future, if you have to sit down for a new contract, you will face more difficulties. To bypass this stupid agent unfriendliness, just do the agent relations improving trick offered by some intelligent posters.

dont forget tho that you may improve the relationship with the player in question, i haven't progressed through the game far enough or had any problem with it personally, but it could possibly lead to the player sacking the agent...............................eventually!!!

Archived