Resigning my players as Manchester United . I am in my third season cant deal with it

You all know what Man Utd Financial situation is :)

To make matter worse my board has expanded twice my stadium without asking me in my first two seasons for total cost of 40 millions and now I am close to bankruptcy .

My balance is 100 million but I am taking season tickes and stuff like that by the end i will be near 10 max .

My problem is that in the end of the season Patrice Evra/Berbatov/Hargraves/De Vrij/Ferdinand/Valencia are up

Evra I resigned up salary from 3.8 to 4.3 he is still way too good to be let go and maybe I will try to sell him in January .

Hargreaves is 31 and he will be 32 in January he is one of my best players and is staying injury free.My huge problem is that he wants salary of 10.5 million euros when he has 6.5 now.. I tried to negotiate and he doesnt want to hear about it..His agent demands 2.5 and he wants 2.5 ...

Valencia who is playing more of a backup role wants increase from 3.3 million to 4.9 and 3 million for him and his agent..

Berbatov who was supposed to be humble at the age of 31 is demanding increase from 4.5 to 6.5 and 3/4 in signing fees.

Ferdinand who is 33 or 34 not sure is demanding an increase as well which is ridicilous.

I need Berba/Valencia/Hargreaves/Evra but their renegotiations will take my yearly salary budget who is not at 75 above 85.. Also their 12/13 million of signing fees will put me in the red in the end....

I dont know what to do.. I am thinking to try to sell them now but it will be for cheap.They are all worth about 3/4 millions .. Evra is 8 ...

P.S Just for the fun I wanted to check Rooney demands for new contract..He wanted 16 millions euro..

Seriously what the heck is going on...

Cuz I was going to sleep I experiment to transfer list them and check what i will get without shutting down the computer

Hargreaves I got offered 6.5 millions thats his value even thou I demanded much more which is kinda frustrating I never seem to be able to get more then the value of my players?Why ?

Valencia I received 9 millions double his value which was nice

Ferdinand I received 3.8 from 2.4 which was nice increasment .

I will sleep on this and maybe if you can advice me. Ferdinand is goner for sure he is injury prone taking 7 millions per week and he is near 34 .Hargreaves is close to his 32 birthday I am not sure what to do.. One injury an he is finished but last season he had 35 starts premier league 5 goals 7 assists 7.35 avr rating which was very good for his position .

Valencia is also expendable I have Douglas Costa as his place but I may keep him he is still young I may get the good money in 2 years.

For Berba i will probably get 5 millions also but I want to keep him :)

I don't know if it's the 11.3 patch, but on 11.2, I was able to keep all those players past 2017 when the loan debts expire, then money doesn't matter anymore as I earn more than I need.

I'd dump anyone over 32, especially if they are asking for more money as they will only go down hill from there (some maybe at 33, but not worth the contract fees), take the hit and work on bringing in new young talent and getting them settled. Johnny Evens has really good potential in FM11, there is some cheap and very good high potential LBs in South America and there is always an abundance of strikers. Biggest place I can see being hard to replace is Hargo as very good DMs don't come cheap, could try training a Center Back to play it as a secondary role till you find a solution.

Why are you struggling financially?

Try to negotiate down the contract renewals.

Resign and re-sign are very different words.

I agree, the loan repayments are actually pretty easy to deal with if you are sensible with transfers. I was given £110m transfer budget in my 3rd season yet only spent £10m. It really isn't that bad if you manage it well! Just a shame i can't have an option to pay off some debt with the unused transfer budget!

Hmm in my first season I spent 25 millions on transfers but received 30 . In my second season I spent 10 millions and received 40 and in my third i spent another 10 and received 15.

My problem is that also the board expanded my stadium which costed me a nice sum of 40 millions plus and on the other hand I had early exits in 1/4 final in CL.

I seem to have not downloaded 11.3 I will do it right now and my loan repayments are 12 a month.Last season I have payed 160 millions in loans and payments plus 45 millions in construction cost then another 35 for dividents to shareholders.I guess its hard for me to cover that :).

My main problem ofcours is Hargreaves I got Khedira on cheap deal for 3millon euros but Hargo seems to be much better. Still I cant afford to pay him 25 millions for the next 2 years which will be devastating :)

ok well here is my spending, hope this helps? 2010-11: 51m spent/Nothing received. 2011-12: 40m spent/36.5m received. 2012-13: 43m spent/9.5m received. 2013-14: 10.75m spent/35.5m received. so my net spend over 4 seasons is 63.25m.

This does include many young players, and in hindsight i wish i hadn't signed as many as i was guilty of stock-piling talent. Old Trafford has also been extended a couple of times so is now a 100,000 capacity and my balance is £52,227,059 with a remaining transfer budget of just over £104m. It is annoying that i can't use that towards paying off the debt as I have a great young squad who have won the champions league in all three seasons (am in february of my 4th season so fingers crossed!) so don't actually need to sign anyone. I am also £200,000 under my weekly wage budget. I would do a screen shot of my squad and their wages but don't know how, sorry! Hope this helps though?

Archived