when chairman accepts offer you can't offer player a contract

i noticed it for the first time last night, very annoying, my main rivals offered for my star striker and the board accepted for me, then i could offer him a new one to stay.

then he left and the board was annoyed that i sold him in the montly update?!

i noticed it for the first time last night, very annoying, my main rivals offered for my star striker and the board accepted for me, then i could offer him a new one to stay.

then he left and the board was annoyed that i sold him in the montly update?!

The board aren't annoyed at the sale, if you look at how it's worded the board are just informing you of the fans annoyance at the sale which is I think realistic, as in real life the fans would not be likely to be fully aware of who the deal wasd brokered by and as the public 'face' of the club it would inevitably fall on the mangers shoulders to carry the responsibility in the eyes of the fans.

Take the Darren Bent deal as an example, if Sunderland end up finishing out of the European qualification spots in the league as a result of losing his goals I very much doubt the board will hold their hands up and say 'yes it's our fault, we sold him and cost the club millions in European football revenue , sorry about that'. If they can get away with letting the fans believe it was a managerial decision that cost the club dearly they'll be only to happy to pass the buck in their own self interest.

The board aren't annoyed at the sale, if you look at how it's worded the board are just informing you of the fans annoyance at the sale which is I think realistic, as in real life the fans would not be likely to be fully aware of who the deal wasd brokered by and as the public 'face' of the club it would inevitably fall on the mangers shoulders to carry the responsibility in the eyes of the fans.

Take the Darren Bent deal as an example, if Sunderland end up finishing out of the European qualification spots in the league as a result of losing his goals I very much doubt the board will hold their hands up and say 'yes it's our fault, we sold him and cost the club millions in European football revenue , sorry about that'. If they can get away with letting the fans believe it was a managerial decision that cost the club dearly they'll be only to happy to pass the buck in their own self interest.

i dont think you are right to be honest.

"To summerise, the board are very happy with your leadership of the team. A major contributing factor has been the amazing increase of stature the club has experianced since you took charge. However the transfer of Kral is considered an aberration."

might not be word for word but it definitely doesnt make any inclination about the fans feelings.

Archived