Are there certain clubs that players/staff avoid?

Firstly a little background: I started a game as Unterhaching in the German Third division, got them promoted after a couple of seasons and having been punching above our weigh in the Second for a while. However I was getting a little bored there (they're a tiny club with crap facilities) so when the Managers job came up at RB Leipzig came up I took, despite it meaning a drop back into the Third Division.

For those of you that don't know, RB Leipzig are a new club created by Red Bull with the aim of playing in the Bundesliga within ten years. Red Bull have poured money into the club and they have been fllying up the leagues, but naturally a lot of traditionalist fans in Germany dont like them one bit.

I've just started trying to recruit a ass. manager but no-one will talk to me. Even coaches for teams in the non league pyramid. I mean its not that negotiations break down or they want too much money, they just wont talk to me. So my questions is: are there certain clubs that just no-one likes, or wants to join? Do people managing MK Dons in the UK have the same problem?

Could be because of the club reputation. If it's a new club without much history (so they have little to low rep) compared to other teams in your league there is a good chance they will turn you down. Look for backroom staff with little to no reputation, I've had an amazing Vietnamese Physio join a nobody club before just because he was a nobody himself, but stat-wise was probably in the world's top 10. Low wages to boot.

Archived