Players demanding money to move

This is doing my head in. Ok, so Liverpool have some awful players on stupid wages, but they all demand so much money to do one. Players like Poulsen, Jovanovic, Aqualini etc, are costing me 30k collectively a week just to not have them on my books. This is doable, but now Joey Cole is demanding 40k p/wk for 4 years just to move to Palermo!

Is there anyway around this, because it's very, very frustrating. Obviously i know that no-one really want s to pay a one dimensional show pony 90k p/wk, so i'm not blaming the game's integrity :thup:

Could just give up and use them till either their contracts expire or they get into form and someone is willing to meet their wage demands.

Or try loaning them out?

Some of them are going to run down their contracts(because nobody wants them), but really, i just can't be having Joe Cole, Jovanovic, Rodriquez, Poulsen hanging around the squad for 4 years on massive wages that they are not earning. Also i've spent alot of money sorting the squad out, and despite recouping 2/3's of that through sales, the balance goes down by the week.

Maybe best way is to try offer shorter contract and then trying to get rid of player. May work sometimes, may not.

You can definitely do this, and not necessarily in order to transfer the player. If a duff player is on a several year contract, it's normally much cheaper to offer them a 1 year contract with higher wages (so they accept) and then free transfer them. You pay a little bit more in wages (compensation) for the first season of the old contract than you would have otherwise, but they're then off the books for good, which can be a significant net gain. And you're not burdened with wage payments for players that no longer play for you like you are when trying to ship them out (which again can mean a significant net gain).

I did this to one of my youth players; offered him 7 quid a week instead of 5 and then fired him when he accepted, saving me a few hundred pounds. It is kinda nasty of course.

This is doing my head in. Ok, so Liverpool have some awful players on stupid wages, but they all demand so much money to do one. Players like Poulsen, Jovanovic, Aqualini etc, are costing me 30k collectively a week just to not have them on my books. This is doable, but now Joey Cole is demanding 40k p/wk for 4 years just to move to Palermo!

Is there anyway around this, because it's very, very frustrating. Obviously i know that no-one really want s to pay a one dimensional show pony 90k p/wk, so i'm not blaming the game's integrity :thup:

part of the old rafa benitez legacy im afraid!!

unless you cheat, fmrte could sort it, you will just have to manage the situation to best of your abilities!!

Has anybody had this the other way round? I'm always having to pay a percentage of the wages of whatever dross I'm getting rid of but whenever I want to sign a player who's wages I can't afford I just get rejected, why do players never ask AI teams for a pay supplement to move to me? Seems a bit unfair.

Has anybody had this the other way round? I'm always having to pay a percentage of the wages of whatever dross I'm getting rid of but whenever I want to sign a player who's wages I can't afford I just get rejected, why do players never ask AI teams for a pay supplement to move to me? Seems a bit unfair.

maybe they do but the AI say no. There is no way for us to find out.

Cheating isn't for everyone. It certainly doesn't need pointing out as a solution.

I'm not entirely convinced this is cheating. The OP's issue with Joe Cole alone is going to cost him > 8 mil in wages over 4 years alone.

The only alternative I can think of that doesn't involve changing the DB would be to punish the players for refusing to accept another clubs offer. However, this could upset morale. I suppose you could save the game, fine them, try to sell them, and if it doesn't work or leads to a full-scale mutiny you could go back to the original save.

I'm not entirely convinced this is cheating. The OP's issue with Joe Cole alone is going to cost him > 8 mil in wages over 4 years alone.

The only alternative I can think of that doesn't involve changing the DB would be to punish the players for refusing to accept another clubs offer. However, this could upset morale. I suppose you could save the game, fine them, try to sell them, and if it doesn't work or leads to a full-scale mutiny you could go back to the original save.

Well, Cole DOES have that contract at Liverpool, doesn't he?

Just imagine he was playing as MAdrid and Kaka was properly modelled (i.e: much, MUCH worse than in-game). He would cost him > 48m € in wages alone in the same time, yet IRL, those are his contract terms.

Might be a bit frustrating, but if that's how things are at Liverpool nowadays... I agree with bigdanio there. It's cheating.

Although I dont like this on principle, its probably a good thing in that it helps balance the game a bit. Just about any human player can dominate a necessarily limited AI. This just makes it a bit harder for us humans.

I'm all for a bigger challenge but also want some semblance of realism. Its annoying that one of my back up players can ask me for 10 grand a week to move to a club that I know full well could afford his wages and yet players transfer listed by the AI would rather rot in the reserves because I can't afford that extra few grand that they want. And they will neither lower their demands or ask the AI club to help out with the last few grand to get them off the books.

Ive bought players where the selling club pays about 1/3 of the players wages. But that was a Ballotelli-like player that the club wanted to get rid of. But whenever I get the option to pay part of a players wages when I sell him, I consider how much they pay for him. I sold Joe Cole for £2,5 M, wich was about the same as I would pay him in wages after he left. As a result, the transferfee payed his wages, and I was happy.

Very common on FM2008 yes.

You just should not offer too high wages and long contracts to players you really do not want to keep. As for Liverpool, previous manager did that. Good luck.

as i say how do you know they dont ask and the AI say no? There is no way at all we could check this out.

You likely could check by making another manager profile and checking the financial screen of some of the larger clubs.

part of the old rafa benitez legacy im afraid!!

unless you cheat, fmrte could sort it, you will just have to manage the situation to best of your abilities!!

Another factually inaccurate dig at Rafa Benitez. Barring Aquillani, all of those players were signed by Purslow and Hodgson respectively. Yes, even Jovanovic. The deal with him was not done until we had a new manager in place. He was in the papers saying this very thing. Still, please don't let the truth get in the way of some good old fashioned Rafa bashing.

played a short save game with ManCity in the old FM10 days, there you have this issue with every player you want to sell :D

selling adebayor was just incredible with like 80k p/wk or so money to move, fortunately you have no money issues there with the wage budget ^^

I fell out with a player on my Palermo save (Thomas Agustinesson) and tried to release him....he wanted a million. I agreed to sell him and he wanted 7 grand a week from his old 14/k week deal.

Eventually, after sitting in the reserves I managed to mutual terminate his deal again and he took 75k. I didn't want to pay him to play for one of my rivals.

as i say how do you know they dont ask and the AI say no? There is no way at all we could check this out.

It works both ways around, you get told in the news item when you sign a player if it happens. Or at least you did on FM10.

Either lower your transfer fee demands or just use the player and sell at the first moment another club becomes interested.

Players are not obligated to move if they feel that these is no incentive to do so. Players are going to take a significant wage cut on a 3-4 year contract, play at a lower level or with a smaller club just to be playing football.

• 2 weeks later...

Offer the player to the club with the payment coming in over 24 to 48 months that way i'm sure the wages are pretty much covered and i doubt the 3 million or so you would be getting up front from the transfer is really needed for a club like Liverpool.

Yeah, its an absolutely ridiculous addition at the moment. Mostly because there is no flexibility and out of all the managers in the world, it only applies to you.

It would be OK if you could negotiate and say, "I'm not giving you £20k for 3 years. I'll give you £10k for 2 years". Or if you could just say No, but they'd go anyway for the first team football. Also be good if you could get players you are trying to sign to ask their current club for the extra wages.

Archived