$5mil est value player sells for $45mil...

Now the title is a bit misleading, but it is technically true. The player w/ the estimated value of $5mil was Arjen Robben who just came off an injury and was/is 29 y/o at the time. His important ratings were still in the 17-20 range, so obviously he's still an all-world player. I decided to see what his value really was. Set the asking price to $50mil, highest offer I got was $45mil. I accepted.

So my main questions are:

- what determines estimated value? I usually see it around half the true value for younger prospects. I see it on FM Genie Scout. But like what, in this case, made him estimated to worth only $5mil? If only temporarily (b/c just a couple months before he was est valued at around $11mil i think). i presume age, injury, current and potential abilities are all the main, if not only, factors? I've never even seen wonderkids be sold for this wide ranged of a difference...

- besides Genie Scout and trial and erroring my offers, is there any way to see my players' true value?

- why would the game calculate his value so low despite his ratings still being all-world? and obviously him still fetching a nice $45mil price? regardless of the answer to first question. It just seems like such a drastic difference, more than I've ever seen.

Thanks

- what determines estimated value? I usually see it around half the true value for younger prospects. I see it on FM Genie Scout. But like what, in this case, made him estimated to worth only $5mil? If only temporarily (b/c just a couple months before he was est valued at around $11mil i think). i presume age, injury, current and potential abilities are all the main, if not only, factors? I've never even seen wonderkids be sold for this wide ranged of a difference...

Good list there. Also add reputation. It has huge effect on estimated value as you may try with FMRTE :)

Archived