Strange opposition manager comments

I am coming to the end of my 4th season as Spurs boss, right from the start I have beaten and totally outplayed some teams only for their manager to come out and say:

'xxxx points finger at (me)'

After (team's) heavy loss to Tottenham Hotspur, (manager) informed the media that he felt that (me) was entirely out of his depth as Spurs manager and finds it hard to get on with him.

If I am out of my depth, why have I just thrashed your lot. The last one was a 4-1 win over Steve Bruce's Man Utd in a Carling Cup semi. Then you look at the stats and I've had loads more shots, loads more possession, just totally outplayed them.

At the very least I think the comment should be re-written to be more about me personally rather than how I am doing in the job, or not linked to an event like this. It doesn't seem to fit.

I have also had comments from managers saying my style of play isn't going to be successful because I try and walk the ball into the net and you look at the game to see I've won 3-0 and had 20+ shots, but only about half on target. It doesn't seem the sort of thing a manager would say after being beaten so easily.

It may as well say 'yeah you beat us, but you should have had 10 not just 3.. so you're not that good!'

Formation is a 4-3-1-2, fluid, attacking, short passing, very expressive creative play, pressing, tackling default, marking default, crossing default, roaming default.

I think they make some of the managers sore losers - they'll point the finger at you if they lose, but show respect for you if there's a draw or they beat you.

It's not that realistic though, did SAF not shake hands with Mick McCarthy after Wolves broke United's unbeaten record? I don't think it's a good enough reason to dislike someone. If managers just didn't get on with you for rejecting transfer offers or criticising them/their team then it would be alright.

For me, this is the most pointless thing in the game.

We win, the other manager makes a positive comment. He likes me. So what?

We win, the other mananger makes a negative comment. He hates me. So what?

I believe it affects transfer negoitations, a manager with a better relationship with you is more likely to sell you players and a manager that doesn't like you will probably either not sell a player or ask for a higher price.

Archived