Why cant players Tackle? EVER

I have and pressing often and marking to Zonal (also tried man) nothing makes them even attempt tackles I'm not saying they should win every tackle, but could at least attempt some!

morale could be low, they could be un-motivated and try to train the ppm "dives into tackles", i always find this very handy!

I have and pressing often and marking to Zonal (also tried man) nothing makes them even attempt tackles I'm not saying they should win every tackle, but could at least attempt some!

Their mentality is too low.

Low mentality = stay between ball & goal trying to block shots.

High mentality = stepping forward challenging for the ball, risking the opposition player going past them and having a good chance.

Do you use the tactics creator or sliders?

I have this same problem, with Morale at superb, man-marking, pressing, tackling hard, and I've tried various tactics. In my last game I played a deep defense, with full backs on the full defense, so of course the fullbacks are in no mans land, the ball goes out to the oppositions winger completly free on the wing, who runs towards the line and slows right down, while my wing back catches up, but doesnt tackle. The cross comes in too FOUR attacking players, completly free in the box. Later, four first team defenders were killed...

Archived