"Director" take overs

Just a question about these supposed "director" takeovers. Obviously in some cases that only board member is the chairman, with no executives, directors etc etc at the club. What I don't understand is how can a club like this have a "director takeover" when there's no other directors present? The only thing I can think of is a background investor, in the holding company for example, being classed as a director. But if someone like that was to launch a takeover bid in reality wouldn't they and their investors be classed as a consortium?

Is this a bug thats been overlooked for the last few FM series (I'm not claiming it to be a bug, before anyone starts moaning and whining), or is it just something that SI haven't put a complete amount of effort into perfecting?

Bobby Charlton taking over for ridiculous sums of money at ridiculous ages happens too often.

The only way this would happen would be as the figurehead of a consortium. He doesn't have the sort of cash the game suggests he personally pays to gain control.

Archived