Opposition goes down to ten men

Is it just me or every time the opposition gets a man sent off (usually early in the first half when they're 1-0 up) is it guaranteed you won't win? In such a circumstance I usually switch to attacking, get an equaliser just before half time then proceed to pummel said opposition in the second half but finish up 1-1. Even going to overload towards the end doesn't seem to help either, just can't get another bloody goal whatever I seem to do!

It's just you, I usually win, like you pushing against them.

I've had games though where I've been 1-0 down, had a man sent off, and ended up winning 4-1 with ten men, despite getting annihilated before I had a man sent off, which was kinda amusing and strange, but I just took off a striker and went "overload" so my team threw players forward when we had the ball, meant that my lone striker didn't find himself without support.

I've also won with 10-men in a similar circumstance just leaving my two strikers on and losing a winger, and my strikers just played off of each other and got some cheeky goals, got to love pace.

I used to struggle with this as well - the opposition always seemed to play far better and it was guaranteed that there'd be pretty much no key highlights after that - the clock would just run down. This was when my default mentality was attacking and a fast tempo. I've slowed my tempo down a lot and play standard mentality now - I've noticed a massive improvement when they go down a man and I switch to attacking and give the shouts 'get ball forward', 'hassle opponents', and 'push higher up'. If that helps - I now batter teams that go down a man.

I used to struggle with this as well - the opposition always seemed to play far better and it was guaranteed that there'd be pretty much no key highlights after that - the clock would just run down. This was when my default mentality was attacking and a fast tempo. I've slowed my tempo down a lot and play standard mentality now - I've noticed a massive improvement when they go down a man and I switch to attacking and give the shouts 'get ball forward', 'hassle opponents', and 'push higher up'. If that helps - I now batter teams that go down a man.

I already play quite a slow tempo and switch to attacking once they go down to ten men, but I didn't try the shouts so will give it a go next time it happens

Dude, can you clarify what you have written here. Its a bit confusing

I used to play:

Mentality - Attacking

Tempo - Quick (about two thirds on the tempo bar)

So when the opposition went down there was little I could do except be ridiculous and go with 'overload' mentality

I now play:

Mentality - standard

Tempo - about half-way so a fair bit slower

Now when the opposition lose a man I have more options - I switch to an attacking mentality, and give the shouts 'get ball forward', 'hassle opponents', and 'push higher up'.

Consequently I do a lot better, as before the game would just drag on to full time without me being able to create any decent opportunities. Now I beat teams comfortably when they get a man sent off. Hope that clarifies it.

Archived