Manager of the Season fix

I took over as manager of Chesterfield in mid-November on my save with them being mid-table in nPower League 2. I ended up winning the title by a point, with Shrewsbury as runners-up and Grimsby finishing third. However for some reason I didn't win the Manager of the Season award! The Grimsby boss won it, and granted he did finish 3rd when predicted 20th, but I didn't even get into the top 3! Whenever I have won a championship before I have picked up the award, with Droylesden twice previously in the same save even. Also I never won a Manager of the Month award since I joined, even when I won every match bar one draw in a month I didn't reach the top 3.

Has this happened to anyone before? Surely this is a bug?

It's not a bug, the manager who won the award far exceeded the medias pre-season prediction which is seen as more of an achievement than winning the title with a squad that I'm guessing were predicted to be challenging for the title. Iirc there has been a precedent set for this type of thing happening irl recently when a manager in the EPL got his team into Europe when they where expected to be around mid table and he won manager of the year over the manager that won the title.

Yes I refered to that, but not even being in the top 3 is wrong surely?

!

That would depend on where the other two managers that finished 2nd and third in manager of the year finished in the league in comparison to their pre-season expectations and if they had unexpectedly good results in cup competitions would be factored in as well.

something weird happened to me i won manager of the month award like 6 times through out the season and the manager who eventually won it..NEVER WON the manager of the month award once!!

i was like pffftt, never happened after that though

That's not particularly surprising for the reasons mentioned above. I won the BSN yearly award for coming 18th, so I wasn't exactly picking up manager of the month awards left right and centre. I was however the most overachieving team, hence the yearly award.

@OP, I can't remember if the L2 award is also voted on by the managers or not, but if so, you should also take into account that managers that don't like you won't vote for you either.

If you were predicted to finish in one of the top few spots & the team were simply underachieving when you took over then the game only recognises you as having finished a little bit above where expected, therefore the manager who got the team predicted 20th to finish 3rd did far better than you did in terms of his achievement versus the original expectation.

Archived