Couple of ideas for future FM versions

These are just a couple of ideas that came to mind when i was playing the other day. They are not game changing but would make the experience a little better.

First, i've come across in recent FM versions with elections in different clubs. I think it would be interesting if we could actualy give our vote on the candidate we prefer and them having profiles so we could vote for the one we thought would be the best suited. They could even make promisses like signing some player or improv facilities, or injecting money.

Second, even thought its just a cosmetic thing i think it would be good if we could choose things in our manager profile. i always get pressing mixed and marking mixed when i don play with mixed and the tactics are always wrong, i play 4-2-3-1 and it appears 4-4-2 being my favorite. And it would be interesting if we could choose our favorite peolple and the people we dont like, insted of the game choosing them.

Not so bothered about your first idea to be honest.

I am up for the second idea though I often use the FMRTE to change the people I like myself in my profile adding managers/players/coaches as I think we should be able to do this much like the AI does.

For FM12 i would like to being able to spend all the money you makes as a manager!

- for example buying your own football club, then being in charge of different areas, such as getting sponsers, keeping track on economy, finding the manager and stuff like that.

- and being able to start as an assistant manager or a coach, then later on be a Manager, it would in my eyes make the game much more realistic.

For FM12 i would like to being able to spend all the money you makes as a manager!

- for example buying your own football club, then being in charge of different areas, such as getting sponsers, keeping track on economy, finding the manager and stuff like that.

- and being able to start as an assistant manager or a coach, then later on be a Manager, it would in my eyes make the game much more realistic.

That will NEVER happen. The amount of times this has been asked is stupid it gets shot down every time in flames for this very reason the game is called "Football Manager" not football chairman or football tycoon if you want all that crap like buying a pretend sports car and a house with a swimming pool then I think you need to buy FIFA Manager.

Can´t really agree on your first point there. How many time does it appen in reall life anyway? i've never seen it happen, besides the game is football manager.

I think it could be interesting to start as aa assistant manager but it would probably be quite boring. I dont see a lot of things to do as an ass. manager besides giving our thoughts on a starting eleven or going to spy on oponents and give e report, or to wach some player x playing and reccomend signing.

Regarding my opening post and the elections idea i think it would be interesting and realistic. Here in Portugal there were elections in a major team a week ago and it was interesting to watch the candidates present possible player signings and there coaches.

Your first idea sounds a bit like what they do in Spain.

It's not only in spain, it happens here in portugal too. The president is choosen by elections were the club's supporters who are menbers get to vote and choose they're favorite candidate. i thought this was a common thing across europe, besides the clubs that are owned.

Archived