Domestic player bias!

How biased are you towards domestic players? I'm finding I'm struggling to at Truro City, I find English players tend to cost a lot of money, and demand huge wages, so I've had to avoid them just to try and get a top quality team on a shoe string. So now I've probably got more people who can speak Spanish or Portugese in my team than people who can speak English :p it's kinda funny really.

I really struggle with homegrown players though, despite signing most people at 18, often they never get it (even if I dont loan them). Also my youth set-up is still crap, so I never get any good players through, starting to build an academy though.

truro2020.jpg

Anyway! that's a 15% domestic player bias according to the "Facts" column. What's your bias in terms of domestic players?

acidn.th.jpg

Got mine quite high from managing in Brazil, Argentina and the lower English leagues before my big move to Man United who only have 2 English players in 2023.

sunderland1.jpg

From my other main game, I have tried to make Sunderland as British as possible and am doing pretty well so far. 75 percent domestic player bias according to my profile.

Heh, actually on my profile it says Domestic player bias 80%, which is a bit strange considering the state of my squad. It must be because I spent years managing in the lower leagues and had to use domestic players there because I couldnt scout further.

Edit: anyway! nice! that's some good bias, I'm sure you'll be helping England.

I always aim in the long term to use as many home grown players as I can. I invest heavily in youth, so after a few years, say 4-5, I've bought up all the most talented English(I usually manage in England) regens and after a few more years, can afford to get rid of my foreign talent and fully blood the English players.

I've had issues in the past with having too few domestic players, so this save I've limited it to 1 of each Scandinavian country and 1 foreigner, rest domestic.

20 man squad, 1 Argentinian, 1 Swede, 1 Norwegian, 1 Icelandic, 1 Faorese (?) and 1 Finn, the rest Danish with FC Nordsjaelland.

Did the same with my backroom staff :D

My squad is 92% English, down from 96% last season. I caved and bought a stunning Argentine central midfielder because I can't find any English players of similar class.

My Domestic Player Bias is 100%.

Of the 99 players I've bought in 11 seasons, only 30 of them have been non-English. Only 3 of them are still with the club.

Archived