fm on nintendo 3ds?

we got fm on psp

why not on nintendo 3ds?

its applicable

the upper screen is the field/match engine with player/staff stat

lower screen is the part where u choose something or anything

it would be cool to see the match engine in 3d

• SI Staff

Nothing has been announced with regards to future platforms for the game - if/when concrete decisions for new platforms are made we'll obviously announce them here in due course.

• SI Staff
FM on the DS makes more sense than a PSP version - well on the face of it anyway.

The main problem with developing a football management game for the DS/3DS is that they're fairly underpowered in comparison with other similar devices.

For example 'main memory' on the DS is 4Mb RAM in comparison to 32Mb on the original PSP (64Mb on newer models) and 128Mb+ on the various iDevices.

In a similar manner the processors on the PSP and iDevices are far faster than those on the DS.

(not to say its impossible to make a quality football management game on the DS/3DS BUT it would be a unique challenge to undertake)

aaaa

i didnt consider the internal spec on ds/3ds against psp

but yeah it would be more sensible thinkiing about the game on ds/3ds because of the dual screen and touch screen on the bottom

but it looks like its gonna be quite a hard task to do it because of the underpowered spec

after i check it

the 3ds isnt quite bad at all about the spec it got

but thanks anyway for the reply

i think its do able but yes its hard

I wouldn't really say it was dumb at all. The fact is the PSP match engine is dots it wouldn't even begin to touch on the 3D aspect of the console therefore being quite pointless in creating it if it cannot make use of a frankly quite poor spec and all the features such as 3D.

Yes the DS has consoles out on the market but as Marc said they aren't powerful and with the 3DS outdated so SI won't make a non-3D game but with the DS lacking in power that the (already streched) PSP has it is unlikely a 2D pitch would make it onto it and with that being the only area which could have a possibility of 3D (all be it dots which won't be much of a joy) it seems quite a worthless cause. You are right though, the DS seems a more child friendly console where as the PSP has a more mature market with its games such as Metal Gear Solid and FMH will be aimed at the latter due to the spreadsheet format isn't really >10 friendly.

yeah ds has a crap system

but 3ds got almost or even the same with psp

i dont see why it cant be build on it

but yeah

the audience on ds/3ds isnt as much interested on fm as in psp player

but fm on 3ds is much more sense than fm on psp in my consideration

but yeah you guys got some positif and negatif point on it

its up to the developer team to decide if they gonna bring fm to 3ds or not

im just making a suggestion

• SI Staff
I went to Gamestation today to pre-order Gears3 and got to have a look at a 3DS and the 3D is garbage. I dont see nutin.

I don't think its 'garbage' - from what I understand of the technology its like most of the present forms of 3d, that is some people appreciate (and can see it clearly) more than others.

I personally am one of the percentage of people who aren't particularly 'compatible' with most 3d views and find if I watch a 3d film I tend to get a headache fairly quickly* - this doesn't mean 3d films "are garbage" - just that they're not something I can appreciate personally.

*I've no idea if this will be an issue with the 3ds presently as I haven't been lucky enough to try one out.

Yes, I'm sure if Nintendo learnt to make consoles that are future-proof. (i.e. decent, value for money specifcations) then FM on the DS would be amazing with the dual-screen capabilities. But, unfortunately, it's not... :(

P.S. Any Brighton fans, UP THE ALBION!!!!! Just got back from the match. We invaded the pitch after the game. <3

• SI Staff
P.S. Any Brighton fans, UP THE ALBION!!!!! Just got back from the match. We invaded the pitch after the game. <3

Wahey :D

I'm still grinning myself, was sheer torture "watching" the match via. text commentary here ...

Wahey :D

I'm still grinning myself, was sheer torture "watching" the match via. text commentary here ...

Wow yeah... the tension was unbearable at times. And I had only just settled down into my seat when El-Abd gave the ball to the opposition for them to score at 27 seconds or something ridiculous.

Nevertheless, the pitch invasion was insane, and I hugged Marcos Painter and Glen Murray. :D

Standing on the pitch whilst the stadium sings "Albion!" really sends shivers up your spine. So happy!!!!

Things are going around about the 3DS how you have to have a break after every 5 minutes, not really suitable for an all nighter which is so common in FMH play (isn't it Marc ;)?), putting 2+2 together the 3DS isn't really the relevant console for FMH due to its low spec and child friendly (though 3D is only 7+) games making the game aimed at a very low percentage of owners however, in the future it may evolve into a well rounded console like the PSP (which has more "adult" games such as Metal Gear Solid with fun games such as Little Big Planet) but knowing Microsoft it may be in several years.

By the way, well done RagingBull. Marc is turning Brighton into my 2nd team ;).

• SI Staff
Things are going around about the 3DS how you have to have a break after every 5 minutes

I'm waiting for some proper feedback in this regard - you often hear a lot of scare stories about new things which turn out not to be wholly relevant. Its also worth bearing in mind that you CAN simply ignore the 3d feature and run a game as a 2d item (ie. the device becomes a somewhat more powerful DS effectively).

• SI Staff
I didn't notice any 3D it just looked blurry. I watched Avatar and it had the same look. This 3D is nonsense for me thus far.

You're probably one of the minority of people (such as myself) who's don't get to appreciate 3d using the current technologies - this doesn't make it 'bad', just not our cup of tea unfortunately.

(saying something is bad because it doesn't work for you is like me saying that size 32 jeans are crap just because I'm a 38 waist imho ;) )

That being said there are some 3d technologies which look interesting for the future and have a lesser 'fail' rate for eyes, the multi-colour pixel (depending on viewing angle) technologies for instance ...

I didn't notice any 3D it just looked blurry. I watched Avatar and it had the same look. This 3D is nonsense for me thus far.

Can't stand 3D films. But wouldn't mind playing Fifa in 3D :D I just find it a waste of money buying '3D' technology as it makes no difference in the way you watch it. (same with Blue-ray- don't see any difference with that)

You're probably one of the minority of people (such as myself) who's don't get to appreciate 3d using the current technologies - this doesn't make it 'bad', just not our cup of tea unfortunately.

(saying something is bad because it doesn't work for you is like me saying that size 32 jeans are crap just because I'm a 38 waist imho ;) )

That being said there are some 3d technologies which look interesting for the future and have a lesser 'fail' rate for eyes, the multi-colour pixel (depending on viewing angle) technologies for instance ...

- I dont know how something like 3D thus far can be considered anything other than nonsense if it doesn't work for everybody. It simply doesn't work imagine if HD worked like this. The technology thus far ( from what I have seen - correct me if you know better ) that even the most expensive set ups have major issues like having to keep your head perfectly vertical or boom its gone. The eye problems too. The technology is still not developed well enough.

• SI Staff
- I dont know how something like 3D thus far can be considered anything other than nonsense if it doesn't work for everybody. It simply doesn't work imagine if HD worked like this. The technology thus far ( from what I have seen - correct me if you know better ) that even the most expensive set ups have major issues like having to keep your head perfectly vertical or boom its gone. The eye problems too. The technology is still not developed well enough.

There are many games, genres and technologies which only operate correctly for a minority of people - that hasn't in the past stopped them being successful.

For instance I can't skateboard because I'm rather tall and have no sense of balance - that didn't stop them becoming popular with people who can ;)

Just because you and I can't appreciate 3d because of our physical make up - it doesn't make it rubbish, its just a restriction for the present technologies (and without technologies evolving in this way 3d which we hopefully one day CAN appreciate will be created).

This of it like a doctor discovering a cure for a rare strain of a disease - just because it doesn't fix everyone instantly, it doesn't make it crap ... its all good imho.

There are many games, genres and technologies which only operate correctly for a minority of people - that hasn't in the past stopped them being successful.

For instance I can't skateboard because I'm rather tall and have no sense of balance - that didn't stop them becoming popular with people who can ;)

Just because you and I can't appreciate 3d because of our physical make up - it doesn't make it rubbish, its just a restriction for the present technologies (and without technologies evolving in this way 3d which we hopefully one day CAN appreciate will be created).

This of it like a doctor discovering a cure for a rare strain of a disease - just because it doesn't fix everyone instantly, it doesn't make it crap ... its all good imho.

- I take from you not correcting me that even the most expensive set ups have major issues ... well that sentence alone gives the damning verdict. This 3D isn't like jeans or skateboarding because people have fat bellys and poor balance but everybody has eyes. The standard has not been met. I didn't notice on any 3D equipment, cinema ticket or electonic article mentioning that this 3D just doesn't work for some people. Its been marketed like it works for everybody ... which is very curious.

• SI Staff
- I take from you not correcting me that even the most expensive set ups have major issues ...

I haven't responded about the 'most expensive setups' because to be frank I've no idea - I've only a limited knowledge of such things and am not going to comment where I'm not sure.

(I'd expect that anyone planning to purchase such a setup however would be sensible enough to try one out before forking over the cash)

to be honest

i rarely use the 3d feature in 3ds

at first i was confuse about choosing between psp or ds

than i see that ds got some games that i want to play

and they will bring 3ds out so i decided to put a bet on 3ds

if fm suddenly appear on 3ds it would be a huge bonus for me :D

if not, i can still play it on pc. that way i wont get distracted on my work with fm :D

Archived