Is there going to be an 11.4 or hot fix?

Is there going to be an 11.4 or hot fix as I hear that the latest patch stuffs up the players stats for goals etc (the whole point of the game if you ask me). I sold me copy of FM 2011 after the 2nd patch cos there were still so many absurd bugs (how these get past the 'testers' I have no idea) and want to buy the game again if it's is going to be fixed.

Or are bugs just being fixed for FM 2012?

Does anyone also know when Out of the Park Baseball 2012 is meant to be realeased?

Yea, I've got to agree with Dan really, it might have a few annoying things going on here and there but you can hardly say it's 'broken'. When you take all the good things that go on in FM 11 in to account I'd actually say overall it's a bloody fantastic game. I'll probably find something else to moan about again tomorrow but I'll still know it's a fantastic game!

My opinion is that is not perfect, and I think that FM desrves to be perfect. And when there are such glaring problems that stat lovers like me despise then the game can appear 'broken'.

To not have a players stats actually reflecting their gameplay is a massive let down for me.

It might seem a long time ago for most but how does a bug such as the French players ban affecting all friendlies get past the testers? We really have to question that. Did no testers play as a team with a frecnh international in it? I doubt it.

I didn't say it was broken. Broken to me means it won't load, or crashes al the time. FM2011 is not broken, it is just not as perfect as it could be and I am wondering if it will be patched again or left as it is.

you said it needs to be "fixed", which implies that its "broken"!!

you said it needs to be "fixed", which implies that its "broken"!!

Semantics. I think that what I mean is quite obvious from my original post. Are the errors that are still in the game after patch 11.3 to be (fixed, corrected, improved upon, answered, tweaked) before FM 2012.

I think a hot fix woudl be good.

I am finding I do not have the option to sign a player/coach. Cant even approach them as the option isn't there, small thing but annoying.

The player in question must be willing to become a member of coaching staff first. Tell him you believe he'd be a good coach under the Private Chat bit and there's a chance he'll say he can be available to coach straightaway. Then you can offer him a Player/Coach role. Otherwise he's happy just being a player as things stand.

Sure there will be a 11.4 patch...

It'll be called FM2012, it will be out around Halloween but you'll have to pay for it.

And it'll have plenty of "improved" features, as well as some new-old issues that were solved in 11.2 but resurfaced again due to some stuff being added/fixed/tweaked.

It's been like that for years, it'll be like that for years... in sæcula sæculorum ;)

My opinion is that is not perfect, and I think that FM desrves to be perfect. And when there are such glaring problems that stat lovers like me despise then the game can appear 'broken'.

To not have a players stats actually reflecting their gameplay is a massive let down for me.

It might seem a long time ago for most but how does a bug such as the French players ban affecting all friendlies get past the testers? We really have to question that. Did no testers play as a team with a frecnh international in it? I doubt it.

FM is coded by people, and people cannot ever be perfect, therefore anything they produce will never be perfect. The fact that they churn out a fantastic game year after year (bugs notwithstanding) is a great credit to everyone involved

Aside from the 19th June crash (quite a big bug!) there doesn't seem to be much wrong specifically with 11.3, aside from the missing stats and odd transfer history viewing.

I would have thought they'd have rolled out a fix for the 19th June crash, but if they're happy to fix peoples games when needed, then i guess it suits them.

You still havent answered my question, why would there need to be another patch?

Players staying withdrawn from International sqauds, Hall of Fame not displaying human managers, Manager Points resetting at end of season.

There's 3 things. I'm sure many people could give you there own 3 things.

You can say "oh its as good as it will get"

But surely the whole point of these forums is for people to come on and point out problems and issues that are missed in testing so the SI guys can get something done?

I reckon SI value some of the critical posts more than some of the fanboys actually realise.

But surely the whole point of these forums is for people to come on and point out problems and issues that are missed in testing so the SI guys can get something done?

You do know there is a separate forum for those who want to post about bugs right, and this forum ain't it?

I reckon SI value some of the critical posts more than some of the fanboys actually realise.

I reckon SI value people doing the right thing and posting in the appropriate forum.

Perhaps SI should shed 1 or 2 programmers to fix a few known issues in FM 2011. Why is it that issues that other industries would have to fix under threat of lawsuits get ignored in the gaming industry? Aggressive greedy lawyers, where are you?

You do know there is a separate forum for those who want to post about bugs right, and this forum ain't it?

I reckon SI value people doing the right thing and posting in the appropriate forum.

Why do you have to nitpick instead of offering a response to what was a reasonable point, are you disputing in whole what i said?

Perhaps SI should shed 1 or 2 programmers to fix a few known issues in FM 2011. Why is it that issues that other industries would have to fix under threat of lawsuits get ignored in the gaming industry? Aggressive greedy lawyers, where are you?

Because, should that happen, expect game prices to shoot up to 500 or 600 bucks, like most computer programs that have to do that.

Aside from the 19th June crash (quite a big bug!) there doesn't seem to be much wrong specifically with 11.3, aside from the missing stats and odd transfer history viewing.

I would have thought they'd have rolled out a fix for the 19th June crash, but if they're happy to fix peoples games when needed, then i guess it suits them.

There is a major problem with 11.3.0f178533 crashes as you can see on forum if you would browse a little and no reponse from SI for a long time about this problem.

There is a major problem with 11.3.0f178533 crashes as you can see on forum if you would browse a little and no reponse from SI for a long time about this problem.

have you looked in the bugs forum or the technical issues and crashes forum? Or are you saying SI haven't responded based on general discussion threads?

Is it just me who has never had a problem with any CM/FM ever? No matter what patch?! Or is it just the few who make it seem likes theres a massive problem, because the people who are happy with it don't post?

I've had the game since release day and have been happy with it on patches 11.1 and 11.2. However, on my long-term save since patching to 11.3 I'm having issues with the home-grown classification of players for the Champions League squads. This is getting more and more irritating as the seasons go by, as I'm able to select fewer and fewer players for my Champions League squad - soon I'll be stuck with a squad of 17 first teamers plus any under 21 players I happen to have. IMHO this is enough of a problem to deserve a hotfix (if it's happening on a widespread basis).

But still, I've reported it as a bug and SI have said they're looking into it, so :thup: thus far.

have you looked in the bugs forum or the technical issues and crashes forum? Or are you saying SI haven't responded based on general discussion threads?

I looked quite well all over bugs forum and post there too and there are just common answers from SI about 11.3.0f178533 crashes. I found statement "Aside from the 19th June crash (quite a big bug!) there doesn't seem to be much wrong specifically with 11.3, aside from the missing stats and odd transfer history viewing." a little to much misleading because this 11.3.0f178533 crashes are quite big problem and there should be some hotfix to repair this issue and all other issues. As customer I'm entitled at least to get info about the product which is not as it should be as it is advertised. And I have state of the art brand new computer and game just doesn't work properly. I re-installed my Windows 7 two times and made all other reccomended arrangements with this 11.3.0f178533 crashes issue and I still can't watch game in 3D mode because of this 11.3.0f178533 crashes.

I looked quite well all over bugs forum and post there too and there are just common answers from SI about 11.3.0f178533 crashes. I found statement "Aside from the 19th June crash (quite a big bug!) there doesn't seem to be much wrong specifically with 11.3, aside from the missing stats and odd transfer history viewing." a little to much misleading because this 11.3.0f178533 crashes are quite big problem and there should be some hotfix to repair this issue and all other issues. As customer I'm entitled at least to get info about the product which is not as it should be as it is advertised. And I have state of the art brand new computer and game just doesn't work properly. I re-installed my Windows 7 two times and made all other reccomended arrangements with this 11.3.0f178533 crashes issue and I still can't watch game in 3D mode because of this 11.3.0f178533 crashes.

I love the fact that the statement you "found" was written by someone earlier in this thread, and didn't come from SI at all....

What about the 'slight inconvenience' of the now faulty transfer system in 11.3? I say 'now' faulty as it was absolutely fine in previous patches but now players will not sign for clubs. I think this is up there with other problems personally.

Yes but what is the bug?

for part of the first season, some of the game stats will not show on his attributes profile page, ie goals, or assists, mom awards ect, but they are recorded and shown on the player history page and from the second season they will show correctly.

for part of the first season, some of the game stats will not show on his attributes profile page, ie goals, or assists, mom awards ect, but they are recorded and shown on the player history page and from the second season they will show correctly.

And this is a bug that happens with everyone's game?

Excuse my ignorance, as I have not yet bought the game, but plan to soon.

And this is a bug that happens with everyone's game?

Excuse my ignorance, as I have not yet bought the game, but plan to soon.

i believe so, but not for every single player, only seems to happen to certain players, mostly those moved in the january transfer window, but not isolated to them.

Its really a tiny cosmetic thing, as i say come the second season all is well and the stats are recorded, just not shown on one window for part of the first season.

ok....i notice your were asking about the player stats and it is not shown or something like that right?

have your ever considered taking away the tick for masking player attributes whenever you start the game?

major reason is i have not even seen this thing happen in my game yet......not even once and i do believe it is due to the ticking of the mask player attributes option.

do this thing happen only when you are masking the players attributes or without it? if it happens when you tick the mask players attributes, then it is not considered a bug but a glitch in the game.

ok....i notice your were asking about the player stats and it is not shown or something like that right?

have your ever considered taking away the tick for masking player attributes whenever you start the game?

major reason is i have not even seen this thing happen in my game yet......not even once and i do believe it is due to the ticking of the mask player attributes option.

do this thing happen only when you are masking the players attributes or without it? if it happens when you tick the mask players attributes, then it is not considered a bug but a glitch in the game.

Would seem a very strange thing to affect it, but then the coding on this game is so complex it wouldn't really surprise me.

Also, I'm not sure there's enough difference between a bug and a glitch for it to be worth making a distinction where FM is concerned.

Would seem a very strange thing to affect it, but then the coding on this game is so complex it wouldn't really surprise me.

It surprises me - it violates the whole principle of Model-View-Controller if the GUI can run into such a weird bug.

It also smells of bad unit-testing.

I just found out a game-breaking bug ONLY happen in Italy.

The AI treats last year's signing as this year's signing (starting 2011/2012) thus make the 1 non-EU signing a year Italian policy a mess.

Please SI. I'm willing to pay for another hotfix. (hope won't cost too much, though); I basically only play in Italian league since CM3 :(

This may be a stupid question - but since i've installed 11.3 - i've had nothing but injuries injuries injuries - and had 3 penalties given against me in one game (in the same area).... not a happy camper.

How can i revert to patch 11.2? I have tested starting a new game and choosing database 11.2.0 (but still see FM 2011 Version 11.3) in the top?

Anyone help me out??

This may be a stupid question - but since i've installed 11.3 - i've had nothing but injuries injuries injuries - and had 3 penalties given against me in one game (in the same area).... not a happy camper.

How can i revert to patch 11.2? I have tested starting a new game and choosing database 11.2.0 (but still see FM 2011 Version 11.3) in the top?

Anyone help me out??

The only way to get 11.2 (game version) running on your machine is to install from disk, then download and install the 11.2 patch. If you got the game through Steam, you can only get the latest version (11.3).

The only way to get 11.2 (game version) running on your machine is to install from disk, then download and install the 11.2 patch. If you got the game through Steam, you can only get the latest version (11.3).

Cheers Robzilla,

So, i take it that simply applying the 11.2.1 patch as things stand... won't over write it and downgrade me to 11.2?

Cheers Robzilla,

So, i take it that simply applying the 11.2.1 patch as things stand... won't over write it and downgrade me to 11.2?

No- the only way to go back to a previous patch is to uninstall and then repatch to the desired version.

Archived