FMH and iPad, question.

• Administrators
thanks for the reply! :)

is there any app that allows to double the little dimension of the iphone screen on the ipad?

When you run FM, there will be a circle in the bottom left of the iPad (if holding the iPad portrait, where you will be able to double the dimensions.

Just tap it and it will take over the entire screen space. You can tap it again to put it in its original size. :)

Most of the fonts scale up pretty well on the iPad to the extent that half the time you wouldn't know it was an iPhone res game. Only when you look at screens with the names of players in position on the pitch does it look crude. It doesn't take over the entire screen space though, the iPad resolution is bigger than 2x old iPhone. If you jailbreak your iPad and use RetinaPad, it makes a few of the text screens look slightly better, but it's hardly noticeable. I would certainly recommend playing FM on the iPad though, it's much easier to read the screens, move players around and select icons etc.

Here's one:

harshboard.th.png

And the match pitch:

strangeformation.th.png

That actually shows one of the bugs - where two people occupy the same position.

Click on the thumbnails to open the images. I tried pasting them directly into this window but they then appear at 150% which makes them look much worse.

• SI Staff
That actually shows one of the bugs - where two people occupy the same position.

Not seen that before - I'll try and look into it, would you be so kind as to forward me on that save game please?

(after you do so I expect you'll find that clearing the squad and repicking them will fix the issue as its likely something to do with the 'state' of the UI on that page - but it shouldn't ever happen for sure)

Hi Marc, this bug isn't evident in my squad, so changing the squad has no effect on it. I come across it when I'm checking the other team's formation in a game. It's still present since the last update as I saw it again only a couple of days ago. It's only in that one spot. I've seen it in different teams, so it isn't confined to a specific team.

I think, but I wouldn't bet my life on it, that this only comes up in European games though. That could be a co-incidence and I simply haven't seen it on a regular game. The screeny above isn't new, so the current save game won't be of any use. I will keep an eye out for this coming up again and when it does I'll save it at that point to see if you can check it.

• SI Staff

Thanks Jugster - much appreciated, I'll use the information you're provided to try and find it here also (once I'm back from the holiday that I'm honestly taking at the moment, not working today me - no sir ... ;) ).

Archived