what the hell?

• 2 months later...

So i putted one player on the transfer list. villareal put a offer of 17M for it. I said i wanted at least 20M.

Them other clubs put their offer, most of them below 18M so i rejected them all.

Them Villareal comes with a new offer of 21M. I accept, and them on the transfer day it says i accepted for 17M? what the hell?

I remember quite well of accepting the new offer , that is 21M

I used to get caught out all the time when I first got 2008. I had to learn not to use the news item to accept offers but to view offer instead. The worst case I had was I thought I was selling a player for £20m I actually ended up with £8m upfront then 25% sell on and something like £10m after 40 league appearances (which of course he never made) The lesson was learned!

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

Well, I'm getting really ****ed off. Every day some club, usually Brazilian and Serbian, are offering me players! Is there anyway to stop this! Sorry I got off the subject.

If the players are on your shortlist you could always remove them, other than that you just have to go grin and bare it.

Originally posted by happy slappy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So i putted one player on the transfer list.

Are you five years old by any chance?

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either that or a really good golfer

Originally posted by happy slappy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So i putted one player on the transfer list.

Are you five years old by any chance?

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

My daughter, who is 3, always says "by me own" rather than "on my own", that in itself isn't particularly funny, but I work with a French guy who also says it and I always struggle to keep a striaght face in meetings.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

icon_biggrin.gif

My daughter, who is 3, always says "by me own" rather than "on my own", that in itself isn't particularly funny, but I work with a French guy who also says it and I always struggle to keep a straight face in meetings.

icon_rolleyes.gif The irony of mocking someone whose first language isn't English and then making a spelling mistake yourself.

Originally posted by Soup_is_cool:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Was the bid of 17million plus clauses by any chance?

i dont think there were any clauses... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back on topic...

... did they offer a sell-on fee?

When you read the offer in your inbox only, it includes the sell-on fee in the price. Silly really, because this assumes they'll sell him for the same price they bought him for. EG, £10m + 25% sell-on, your inbox message will say "[club] make an offer worth UP TO £12.5m".

Archived