Fans pleased with selling star players

Another thing that has surprised me in FM11.

I play as Ajax. My game philosophy is always been to sell my better players when they want to leave and develop new prospects, and if possible - from ymy own youth team. I've set myself a principle that if any big club offers around £10m or more for my player and he also wants to leave, I don't hold him back and accept.

January 2011. Man City offers £10m for Gregory van der Wiel. van der Wiel has been my no. 1 DR, part of Dutch national team and has av. rating 7.20ish. I accept. Deal is confirmed. On club confidence screen my fans are delighted with the deal (100%) and say 'considering his performances of late, fans are delighted that we got £10m out of this deal'. What the heck? I was prepared that fans go nuts about selling one of their favorite player.

Summer 2011. Jan Vertonghen has declared that he needs new challenge. He's been my key defender, av. rating in league games something like 7.40 for the whole season. I try to negotiate his transfers bigger, but he finally leaves to Man City for £11m. The same message from fans appear on club confidence screen - after his recent performances fans are happy that we got 11m for him.

I have no financial trouble. I had no other need to sell these first team players than my own principles. I assumed fans would be concerned about team future, if any other player can fill their roles etc. Instead they're delighted. It doesn't make any sense!

i have noticed this as well, i had a young regen striker, signed for £2.5m from Dallas in America, scored 37 goals in 30 league games in the first season, second season he scored 16 in the first half of the season and Man U offered £25m which i accepted and he left, fans were very happy i got that kind of money based on his recent performances, his average rating for the first season was over 8.2 and the second season it was 8.5 at xmas and he was 19!!! doesnt make sense really, just another reason why i completely ignore everything the fans say.

Conversely the fans were upset when I let Daniel Cousin go on a free at the end of the season after being relegated, who'd been at the club only for a year and had had an abysmal season (average rating around 6.3, three league goals as a striker). At the same time I flogged a promising young striker who'd been my top scorer for a decent fee and the fans were delighted.

Conversely the fans were upset when I let Daniel Cousin go on a free at the end of the season after being relegated, who'd been at the club only for a year and had had an abysmal season (average rating around 6.3, three league goals as a striker). At the same time I flogged a promising young striker who'd been my top scorer for a decent fee and the fans were delighted.

again i had the same happen, signed Portillia in the first season, he played around 200 games but in the last two seasons hardly played at all, infact only 2 league games in his last season so i let him go on a free, fans were unhappy, but happy at seeing probably the worlds best young striker go.........

It's the fee.

They are happy if we get a high fee in a selling and unhappy if the opposite happens.

If the player is evaluated, lets say by 5m€, and we sell him for 30m€ they will be happy, even if they regard him as a key player.

As opposite if the player is avaluated by 500k€ and we let him go for free them they get mad, even if he's only a backup player and didn't perform well in the last 2/3 seasons.

That's another feature that is broken...

Archived