Few Questions about FM2011 - I/Phone

Great game chaps :D

Been playing since Champ Manager started when I was 1 teenager (20+ years ago I think) and if you setup a manager of I think Tranmere as "Mr Warsaw" you got given shed loads of cash !!!

And who will ever forget the genius of Nil Lamptey - whatever happened to him ?!?

Was playing yesterday and saved mid January 2012 :(

When I went back to load up the game both the manually and automatically saved game files were showing the date of 1/11/2011

Secondly (and think this may have been covered before) I am trying without success to sell off some of my players but 2 transfer windows have come and gone. They are all Transfer listed, and I am offering them for less than a £1 million ... some are worth 10 times that :confused:

Any ideas ?

Is there a way to save Players Searches ?

- eg Pace 14+, Shooting 18+, Pace 14+ Heading 15+ for a Striker

Lastly I've seen that when the Transfer budget is down to nil it allows me to release players with no effect on the amount (got shot of of a player and was told it would cost me £3.4 milliion ... but Funds still stayed at £0

There's a chance you didn't manually save the 2012 game - rather, it was the 2011 one, and when you loaded up the 2011 one acceidently, it overwrote the autosave in 2012?

The best way to transfer people - Transfer List - Offer to Clubs for less - Demote.

Not as of yet in the iPhone version.

Alert Marc :)

There's a chance you didn't manually save the 2012 game - rather, it was the 2011 one, and when you loaded up the 2011 one acceidently, it overwrote the autosave in 2012?

Nope did save it .. not sure how it would have been possible to save a game in 2011 when I was in 2012 but anyway

I thought it might be a bug as the auto game save kicks in on a Saturday doesn't it ... Nov 1st 2011 is a Wednesday

The best way to transfer people - Transfer List - Offer to Clubs for less - Demote.

yep tried that but to no avail

To clarify this slightly this is an issue with Barcelona - was able to sell off players I did not want when managing other teams (Inter, Man Utd etc)

I've started offering players for £500K .... their values range from £2 Mil - £15 Mil ..... would get a bite with Inter and Man Utd, but not with Barca

• SI Staff

With regards to the save issue - the only time it'd 'retain' an old save game file instead of properly saving is if you exited the game mid-save somehow and the save aborted before completion (the way it works is I save to a temporary file and then only remove the old one once its definitely completed and safe, this ensures that people don't get left with a half saved game if their device runs out of memory or any similar instances).

The only non-battery related time this should happen is if you exit sharply and enter an application which hogs processor power hugely (safari is a big offender in this area).

If there is a .bak file on the device then renaming that as a save game file might restore it, but tbh if its not already visible its likely that it hadn't completed saving for one of the reasons above, sorry I can't be of more assistance - if you have further details which you think might help me, help you then please by all means email me at marc.vaughan@sigames.com and I'll look into things further for you.

• SI Staff
Secondly (and think this may have been covered before) I am trying without success to sell off some of my players but 2 transfer windows have come and gone. They are all Transfer listed, and I am offering them for less than a £1 million ... some are worth 10 times that Any ideas ?

Offer them to clubs for slightly less than they are valued at and negotiate upwards.

Do bear in mind however if you're overpaying them they might prefer to sit and see out their contracts and this situation might put off clubs from approaching them.

Is there a way to save Players Searches ?

- eg Pace 14+, Shooting 18+, Pace 14+ Heading 15+ for a Striker

Not at present - but its a good idea (added to the list).

Lastly I've seen that when the Transfer budget is down to nil it allows me to release players with no effect on the amount (got shot of of a player and was told it would cost me £3.4 milliion ... but Funds still stayed at £0

Your budget can't go negative BUT there is a hidden club 'balance' behind the scenes which is affected by the release - this is what controls the clubs financial state ... if it gets too bad then your clubs financial state will drop.

(I don't show the clubs overall balance on purpose - tbh I don't expect Alex Ferguson sits and goes through Man Utd's finances with their directors ... so neither should you in FMHi ;) )

Archived