Premiership Striker 14 finishing too low ?

dribbling? He should be good enough for a top ten team straight away...with improvement a top 4 one.

his dribbling is 13 i was just wondering because people on these forums player x finishing is 20 i was just wondering if he needed a higher finishing to do well

whilst he is not brilliant, he would do a good job with a good team around him, very good off the ball means he will be in the right place a lot of the time and he has masses of pace which will be a good asset.

Yep. If you look at Jermain Defoe as a comparison, then this ruben fella could scored tons of goals. 20+ p/season easy, as he is in a (presumably), good UTD side.

Yep. If you look at Jermain Defoe as a comparison, then this ruben fella could scored tons of goals. 20+ p/season easy, as he is in a (presumably), good UTD side.

yeah he get himself plenty of chances with those stats, i personally like players a bit more rounded, better team work and work rate but he will def get a good number of goals each season, good in the air as well, i always change the height and weight to feet and stones so not sure how tall he is lol but i would imagine he would be around 6ft tall?

Looks like a very good player, and could easily score 20+ goals a season if played right. However, I'd consider retraining him as a winger as he's got very good attributes for a winger as well. Just something to bare in mind I guess.

I just hate those "dick-shaped" strikers...

They look good, but besides their impressive pace, there's not enough quality to make them good strikers at top level... I'd just retrain them as wingers, as I haven't found a suitable sub-role as strikers to truly take advantage of their pace...

22 yrs old, 7 caps for Spain, 5 goals.

3 goals in 4 games for you in the league.

Why do you need to ask if he's good enough?

Definitely good enough - AM R/L is his best position though.

Caps were in Confedarations cup ( yes i know my spelling is bad)

well he was decent in earlier seasons, but was wondering to sell, i am not now though

Edit: oh 100th post nice

Definitely good enough - AM R/L is his best position though.

Agreed he looks like a great player but AM R/L is not his best position.

His best position is up front, his best role is poacher. He would also do well as advanced forward, inside forward (AM C/R/L) or winger (M L/R or AM L/R), although ideally he would have to be retrained if played anywhere other than centre forward.

I'm playing in a network game with a mate and he has this regen striker with only 10 finishing, and he's been banging them in for fun for the past 4 seasons as a poacher, i think he only has 4 good stats (pace, acceleration, composure, and another stat i can't think of off hand)

So looking at your player i'd say he can more then cut it in the Prem.

He's a lot similar to my strikers. The finishing on mine has really been bugging me, as one is 13 and one is 14. They are missing a lot of easy breaks that a normal striker would make.

This guy's my Moroccan striker, Yassine Benali. He used to play on the first team, but now he's a sub, as it really seems to me that a striker with more finishing is better. (He missed a lot of simple goals and prevented us from winning some simple games.)

2011040100001.jpg

2011040100002.jpg

This guy's my new first team striker, Miguel. He was a sub last year, and scored a good amount of goals especially in Continental matches. His better finishing seems to have led him to more goals then Benali would have this season, so therefore I am using this guy as my first team player for the season.

2011040100003.jpg

2011040100004.jpg

Overall it seems that Miguel has preformed much better then Benali with the improved finishing, and his standing in the team has improved because of it. Last season my assistant coach said he had no chance of being as good as Benali, and look where he ended up. Although it could be from other stats, it really seems to me that his better finishing has scored him way more goals then Benali would have had this season. If you can find a good striker with better finishing then the one you have, I personally would suggest taking him, he'd score a lot more goals based on what I've found.

Maybe another hint the ME (or the whole game) is heavily biased toward players with impressive physical attributes?

Players with high pace and mediocre "scoring" skills (finishing, composure, decisions...) shouldn't really be scoring like a Van Nistelrooy or an Inzaghi...

When I see all those pacey-but-average newgen strikers scoring plenty, I can't help but thinking about Oba Martins' stats... ;)

Maybe another hint the ME (or the whole game) is heavily biased toward players with impressive physical attributes?

Players with high pace and mediocre "scoring" skills (finishing, composure, decisions...) shouldn't really be scoring like a Van Nistelrooy or an Inzaghi...

When I see all those pacey-but-average newgen strikers scoring plenty, I can't help but thinking about Oba Martins' stats... ;)

It is quite realistic but perhaps speedy players should not score as many as the likes of Ruud, if Gabby Agbonhlahor had the level of support that RVN had then he would score quite a few more just because of his pace. Being able to catch up and overtake defenders who are 5 yards ahead of you is a good talent to have.

Archived