"As things stand, no club considers a bid for 'player x' viable"

I've been trying to ship out Andy Carroll from Liverpool for a while (im in my 3rd season, on 11.2 database patched to 11.3) but not had a single offer, even if i offer him out for £0 or to take on loan with no wages or fee required.

I think this is ridiculous, surely a decent young English striker should be attracting some attention, especially from English clubs looking to boost there homegrown quota. Having same problem with Jonjo Shelvey.

Chris, there is no real explanation here, other than the transfer system does not function 100% logically. I've also had this issue, even with loaning out decent senior players who would be loaned in a flash. Although in 11.3 the transfer system is much improved, i'm not sure anything can be done about this.

As the whole point of this thread is that no club wants him, could you explain why you have written that?

I think he means no AI teams will show interest if they dont think he will move to them, so in this case it could be that the only clubs who would be interested dont interest him, so they dont waste their time so to speak. The AI will only get involved if they think there is a genuine chance of signing the player.

one thing maybe to consider is by the third season Carrol will be 24/25 yeah? He might not feel moving to a lesser club will benefit him very much at that point in his career i would imagine you have been quite succesful with liverpool yeah? If so your rep and his rep will have risen and he wont be very interested moving down a notch for a season, especially if he feels his future is still with your club. You could try transfer listing him and setting him to not wanted and i would hope you could get some bids that way, he would then want to move on hopefully and get away from the club.

Why do you want to loan him at that age anyway?

It's a free lottery ticket! Any club that thinks it has a remote outside chance of signing Carroll should be bombarding you with emails. There is no reason to defend the game here.

Especially when my player has only 1 appearance as a substitute for a whole season.I didn't even ask for any wage contribution.

even though the transfer system is much improved in 11.3 than it was in 11.1/2...it's still fairly bad...playable...but still bad...

at 24/25, he will be soon hitting his 'peak' so you should be flooded with offers if he is surplus to requirements at your club...specially for a cost of £0...clubs would then be more tempted to match his wage demands as they will not have to pay a hefty fee!

plus, i bet if you let his contract run down and let him go for free, he have half the worlds teams interested in him!

what annoys me the most is the scarce description of 'dont find it viable at this moment in time' i mean...how is it not viable? at least tell us why!

Archived