I just do not understand finances in this game....

Very easily is the simple answer.

The budget you have means little, it is simply a max amount you are allowed to spend by the board nothing more.

The best way is to post up screenshots of your finance screen so we can explain whats happened but things to look out for are:

A) The player you sold for £50m, how much cash did you get up front? how much is being paid by installments? over what period of time?

B) Same questions for the two players you bought for £57m, how much up front? how much in installments? and over what length of time?

C) What other income & expenses did you have in January?

No, all upfront because it was the Torres/Chelsea deal. I use 11.2 finances and DB(players/managers etc), but set Torres transfer to future(i set all major transfers to future if i'm playing like this, and revert to 11.2/pre jan finances for clubs involved). Then i negotiate the deals for Suarez and Carroll, paying £18m upfront(+£4m over 2yr) for Suarez, and £30m(+£2.5 over 1yr + other clauses rising to £35m + %25 sell on fee as In real life) upfront for Carroll. However, i had negotiated with the board for 90% of the transfer revenue to be made available.

So, the 11.2 finances are i think £30m budget AND balance. This is what 'Pool had to spend regardless of the Torres fee. And now, with all these deals, i am £11m in the red. It doesn't make financial sense unless i am very much mistaken. Surely i should have a balance of £20m appx.?

I think if you put the transfer into the game via the editor before hand then I think the game assumes the money has already transferred, hence when you are Barca and Zlatan leaves for his transfer to AC you don't get the cash because the finances are already calculated as if Barca have the money from AC.

I.e you have to put the future transfers in and THEN put 50m to Liverpool and however much for Suarez and Carroll separately.

How much did you pay the agents?

For Suarez/Carroll, i think less than £6m. Definitely not where £22m has gone. Have not bought anyone else, as i only took over liverpool 1st of jan and transfers were off in the pre season window.

Just post or re-check the Income and Expenditure charts, because the maths doesn't really add up if you've received and paid the transfer fees up front.

Ok will do, cheers.

Go to your finances page and check how much the 'percentage of transfer revenue made available' is set at, then post back.

It's set at 90%. When i took over in early jan, i asked for it to be raised and the board did so. This is why i presumed i'd get all the money.

Agent fees, singing on fees. Prob forgot to take those into account.

Took them into account. They were comparitivley low.

I think if you put the transfer into the game via the editor before hand then I think the game assumes the money has already transferred, hence when you are Barca and Zlatan leaves for his transfer to AC you don't get the cash because the finances are already calculated as if Barca have the money from AC.

I.e you have to put the future transfers in and THEN put 50m to Liverpool and however much for Suarez and Carroll separately.

This can't be the case, because when Torres was sold, i saw how the bank balance had increased by £50m. Also, i managed to buy Carroll and Suarez for £48mill upfront. It's very very strange.

Thanks for all your help guys, it's a weird one for sure. I'm certain that i should have a balance of £22-25 mill left, but what can ya do?

30 + 50= 80.

80 - 48 - 6(agent fees)= 26.

Take into consideration the 90% transfer revenue and that is what, 20/22 left over. But - 11?

Interchanging 'Balance' and 'Budget' is confusing to be honest. Forget about budgets and % of transfer revenue made available because that isn't relevant. You just need to look at the money coming into Liverpool and the money going out of Liverpool.

This sounds like an April fool to me. Not a good one, but an attempt at one.

How is that even possible?

Interchanging 'Balance' and 'Budget' is confusing to be honest. Forget about budgets and % of transfer revenue made available because that isn't relevant. You just need to look at the money coming into Liverpool and the money going out of Liverpool.

Expenditure for the whole season= £150m

Income for the whole season=£195m

Why would you pay £35m for Carroll if you didn't have too?

Why would i sell Torres if i didn't have to? Because that's how it happened in real life, it's just that i chose to not have january transfers from the start. If i sell torres for £50m, then it's only fair that i have to buy Carroll for £35m. He's a good player anyway.

Also he score 14 prem goals for newcastle before christmas in the game

But the point of this is to play the game you want, not to mirror real life. If you do that you may as well deliberately lose to Blackpool both ways but make sure Kuyt gets a hattrick against Man Utd!

But the point of this is to play the game you want, not to mirror real life. If you do that you may as well deliberately lose to Blackpool both ways but make sure Kuyt gets a hattrick against Man Utd!

Exactly, the point is to play the game we want. This is just another way to play the game and makes it very challenging too. In the DB i downgraded Hodgson a little bit, then holidayed into December/Jan. Liverpool were loitering in the bottom half of the table with terrible morale, which was the variable i was hoping for, so i took the job. And it's been great fun ever since.

Of course, i could have gone and bought Neymar or Lukaku/whatever, but sometimes i like a more realistic game, one that is more challenging then buying all these WC players over 48mths. When i loaded the game it was on the condition that i'd have to buy Suarez and Carroll for the prices Liverpool paid. as i said, it's just a different way to play the game, there's no right or wrong. in any case, Carroll has been revelatory since his move.

Archived