What Is Up With TV Fixtures In BPL?

Are they fixing it Kriss? It is annoying to me :L And other guy most people call it Carling Cup actually. Also it is has been sponsored by Barclays since 2001. Get your facts right.

If we are being technical and pedantic, it was actually Barclaycard who sponsored it between 2001-2004, so yeah, erm, get your facts right.

It does actually. You get the standard £40m TV Money for every team, then an extra £500k for every Premiership match of yours that is selected for TV. So you are potentially losing a good few million per season...pretty big bug this one.

It's a known bug and is superficial, it doesn't in any way affect TV income for the season apparently.

It does actually. You get the standard £40m TV Money for every team, then an extra £500k for every Premiership match of yours that is selected for TV. So you are potentially losing a good few million per season...pretty big bug this one.

no it doesnt, i have ran several tests now and each year every team gets full TV money for the season, and this goes through all the english leagues. No teams lose out on any money because of this problem.

It does mate. I got £74m Tv money last season, standard £40m + £11m for 22 matches televised, plus around £22m Champions league revenue + other minor cups.

You always get the full £40m standard fee, I'm not disputing that, it's the £500k per game you potentially miss out on.

no it doesnt, i have ran several tests now and each year every team gets full TV money for the season, and this goes through all the english leagues. No teams lose out on any money because of this problem.

It does mate. I got £74m Tv money last season, standard £40m + £11m for 22 matches televised, plus around £22m Champions league revenue + other minor cups.

You always get the full £40m standard fee, I'm not disputing that, it's the £500k per game you potentially miss out on.

read this thread, i went through a lot of teams who had both no games and plenty of live games and your wrong im afraid.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/258840-Question-to-SI-games?highlight=money+season

Teams do not get an extra £500k per game shown, im really not sure where you got that from, but its not implemented in real life or the game. Read posts 75-78.

That's how it is in real-life and the game. Do the maths...

£40m + £22m = £62m....so the other £12m I made just appeared out of thin air did it? Lol...call me wrong if you want but I know I'm right. SI will confirm this if they ever reply to this thread.

read this thread, i went through a lot of teams who had both no games and plenty of live games and your wrong im afraid.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/258840-Question-to-SI-games?highlight=money+season

Teams do not get an extra £500k per game shown, im really not sure where you got that from, but its not implemented in real life or the game. Read posts 75-78.

Let me give you an example. Blackburn apparently sacked Sam Allardyce because his brand of football wasn't attractive enough to have enough games selected for Sky. With lucrative payments of £500k for each game selected, they want to be known as a more entertaining club, so they have more games selected for TV and can make more money. I'll find you some links...

That's how it is in real-life and the game. Do the maths...

£40m + £22m = £62m....so the other £12m I made just appeared out of thin air did it? Lol...call me wrong if you want but I know I'm right. SI will confirm this if they ever reply to this thread.

honestly mate read the thread, there is even an explanation of how it works in real life, and there is no payment of £500k per match. I have also show an example of Arsenals finances for the year and there is no way they could be paid £500k per match, the figures dont add up at all.

Let me give you an example. Blackburn apparently sacked Sam Allardyce because his brand of football wasn't attractive enough to have enough games selected for Sky. With lucrative payments of £500k for each game selected, they want to be known as a more entertaining club, so they have more games selected for TV and can make more money. I'll find you some links...

Blackburn will not get on TV more because they play better football, Blackpool are probably the most exciting team to watch in the EPL because they are so attacking their games are always open, but they have very few games on TV, they style of your football has nothing to do with it, the amount of fans your club will pull viewer wise does.

Here's one for starters

http://soccerlens.com/20072008-premier-league-tv-revenue/7415/

Notice these bullet points in particular:

•Newcastle United followed Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool into fourth place as the team most shown on live television. The result was that Newcastle earned almost £10million from 20 live screenings.

•Chelsea on the other hand had 18 live matches, bringing them £9.1million

Which adds up to £500k per live game...

I wouldnt bother with "facts" from the Daily Mirror lol, im not calling you a liar or anything here mate, its just ive ran tests, again ill say it but the evidence is in that thread, do a test yourself, holiday a couple of seasons but take notes at the right times, you will see no team is making £500k per game that is shown live in the EPL, because if it was then there would be huge problems financially in the game, all the TV thing does in the game is move a match and add a symbol beside a fixture, it does not affect the finances for league games. If it did you can bet SI would have been on top of this problem as it would be a very big problem as it stands the TV thing is purely cosmetic.

Well, all I can say is I've had very different experiences to you in FM this year. I think it only got added in in Fm11. I never get just the standard £40m, and like I said earlier with my maths on my income last season, I always notice the £500k per live game adds up perfectly...and I must have played a good 20-30 seasons with numerous different teams in this years game, with very differing TV income based on matches selected for TV. That's always taking into account European revenue obviously.

I wouldnt bother with "facts" from the Daily Mirror lol, im not calling you a liar or anything here mate, its just ive ran tests, again ill say it but the evidence is in that thread, do a test yourself, holiday a couple of seasons but take notes at the right times, you will see no team is making £500k per game that is shown live in the EPL, because if it was then there would be huge problems financially in the game, all the TV thing does in the game is move a match and add a symbol beside a fixture, it does not affect the finances for league games. If it did you can bet SI would have been on top of this problem as it would be a very big problem as it stands the TV thing is purely cosmetic.

milnerpoint - While I'm not saying you're wrong in this matter (I cba to do the experiments myself) the evidence in that thread you linked is purely anecdotal and therefore should be viewed with a little skepticism. If you're confident that what you found with your tests is accurate, you might want to try and collate some screenshots of the information to try and stem the "he said, she said" attitude.

reflection22 - everything does seem to suggest that the 500k per match thing is accurate for real life, but unless someone is to run some proper tests, there's no way to know for certain if it's merely a cosmetic bug in game or if it is a serious issue.

yeah im going to run the test again tonight and get more details figures so we can all put this to bed one way or the other, ill post up screen shots and stuff and upload the game if anyone wants to check the results for themselves. Ill just do the EPL as it seems to be the most in question.

edit just nipped home for lunch and quickly loaded up the test game, i will run this fully again tonight but just an example of what i was meaning.

this season Arsenal have played 18 games live on TV in the league, 7 friendly games show on TV preseaon and 7 in cup games including 2 league cup semi final games and the league cup final and fa cup semi final , second season so the start you are promised £40m, and the season is over all 38 league games have been played but the champs league money yet to be distributed.

TV money income this season £48.65m at this point, so £40m for the league season without anything added, if you did get £500k per match they would have made £49m without any cup or friendly games. Now even if you did not get a penny for either friendlys or cups then that figure would still be wrong.

TV Money for the Fa/League Cups is relatively minor, like £100-250k a game max depending on the round.

Also, you don't stop getting Premiership TV money as soon as the league fixtures are over. It carries on for a few weeks after that, so they'll get a few extra million. If they've had 18 games on tv in the Prem, that's £9m (18 x £500k). So by the time the TV Payments for that season finishes they'll have over £50m just for Domestic TV Money without taking into account Europe, which pretty much backs up exactly what I've been saying...£40m standard money + £9m for live fixtures chosen, plus a little bit from domestic cups = just over £50m.

yeah im going to run the test again tonight and get more details figures so we can all put this to bed one way or the other, ill post up screen shots and stuff and upload the game if anyone wants to check the results for themselves. Ill just do the EPL as it seems to be the most in question.

edit just nipped home for lunch and quickly loaded up the test game, i will run this fully again tonight but just an example of what i was meaning.

this season Arsenal have played 18 games live on TV in the league, 7 friendly games show on TV preseaon and 7 in cup games including 2 league cup semi final games and the league cup final and fa cup semi final , second season so the start you are promised £40m, and the season is over all 38 league games have been played but the champs league money yet to be distributed.

TV money income this season £48.65m at this point, so £40m for the league season without anything added, if you did get £500k per match they would have made £49m without any cup or friendly games. Now even if you did not get a penny for either friendlys or cups then that figure would still be wrong.

TV Money for the Fa/League Cups is relatively minor, like £100-250k a game max depending on the round.

Also, you don't stop getting Premiership TV money as soon as the league fixtures are over. It carries on for a few weeks after that, so they'll get a few extra million. If they've had 18 games on tv in the Prem, that's £9m (18 x £500k). So by the time the TV Payments for that season finishes they'll have over £50m just for Domestic TV Money without taking into account Europe, which pretty much backs up exactly what I've been saying...£40m standard money + £9m for live fixtures chosen, plus a little bit from domestic cups = just over £50m.

crawley this season made £1m from their game against man u, a big chunk because it was shown live on TV. There is no way being in 3 semi finals and 1 final would only make £100-250k per game, we make more up here for being on TV in a cup semi or final and the english comps have far more TV money going about.

BTW these figures came the day before the champs league final, right at the end of may and not long before teams go away on the break, but you could be right so ill run an extra month and see, but i highly doubt Arsenal would only make £1-2m for 14 live TV games (pre season and cup games) but then make £9m extra for 18 league games on TV.

That's because in the FA Cup you get 50% of the hosting teams gate receipts. Man Utd must have made £1.5-2m from that game, so that's where the vast majority of Crawley's £1m came from...the tv revenue they got would have been relatively small like I said.

crawley this season made £1m from their game against man u, a big chunk because it was shown live on TV. There is no way being in 3 semi finals and 1 final would only make £100-250k per game, we make more up here for being on TV in a cup semi or final and the english comps have far more TV money going about.

BTW these figures came the day before the champs league final, right at the end of may and not long before teams go away on the break, but you could be right so ill run an extra month and see, but i highly doubt Arsenal would only make £1-2m for 14 live TV games (pre season and cup games) but then make £9m extra for 18 league games on TV.

That's because in the FA Cup you get 50% of the hosting teams gate receipts. Man Utd must have made £1.5-2m from that game, so that's where the vast majority of Crawley's £1m came from...the tv revenue they got would have been relatively small like I said.

well if its 50-50 then both clubs would have made the same no?

Anyway, to be honest so far all we are both doing is adding the figures up how we want to in order to make it look like both of our points are correct, tonight when i run the full test it will hopefully show one way or the other.

Yep, I meant £1.5m-£2m in gate receipts before they gave Crawley their 50%. So they both made around £1m each.

To be fair, you just backed up my point yourself with the figures you gave for Arsenal, it's pretty clear the £500k per live match payments are in the game, everyones entitled to their opinion though.

well if its 50-50 then both clubs would have made the same no?

Anyway, to be honest so far all we are both doing is adding the figures up how we want to in order to make it look like both of our points are correct, tonight when i run the full test it will hopefully show one way or the other.

Enough, the bug is known and documented, to the best of my knowledge it doesn't in any way affect the actual TV money paid (as per the FM model if that differs from rl in anyway)

Archived