Aaron Ramsey - European defender of the year

Thought i would share this as i found it very interesting, never really thought the AI would re-train players into new positions, but this shows they must do, Ramsey has managed to win euro defender of the year in the past, and is shown as being a legendary full back, he was runner up midfielder of the year in 2017 and 2018 so he must have only been re-trained in the past two seasons.

aaronramseyprofileattri.png

aaronramseyprofileperso.png

aaronramseyhistorycaree.png

aaronramseyhistorybiogr.png

He does have a good manager to train him tho Martin Keown has been in charge for the last 4 years.

I've not seen a player retrained that dramatically, though retraining is very common. I found a way of seeing if AI teams were retraining their players into a new position in FM10. Generally, teams were retraining 6 or 7 at a time.

One who often gets retrained is Peter Crouch- apparently his jumping attribute makes him an ideal centre back.

I've not seen a player retrained that dramatically, though retraining is very common. I found a way of seeing if AI teams were retraining their players into a new position in FM10. Generally, teams were retraining 6 or 7 at a time.

One who often gets retrained is Peter Crouch- apparently his jumping attribute makes him an ideal centre back.

how did you manage to do that? I have never seen an AI team re-train a player like that before, although to be honest i prob wouldnt have noticed had i not got the message saying he won euro defender of the year, im guessing ramsey must be an adaptable player who can learn a new position easily and his stats are pretty good for a wing back but still to go from one of the top midfielders to the top defender is some feat.

I'm more amazed that he gets to play and develops at Arsenal at all. AI manager usually leaves him in reserves forever or sells him, especially if Arsene retires and some Italian manager from a daddy sugar club takes over.

I'm more amazed that he gets to play and develops at Arsenal at all. AI manager usually leaves him in reserves forever or sells him, especially if Arsene retires and some Italian manager from a daddy sugar club takes over.

Hmm. He looks good on my 2013-14 FC United save, tbh.

how did you manage to do that? I have never seen an AI team re-train a player like that before, although to be honest i prob wouldnt have noticed had i not got the message saying he won euro defender of the year, im guessing ramsey must be an adaptable player who can learn a new position easily and his stats are pretty good for a wing back but still to go from one of the top midfielders to the top defender is some feat.

It was an issue with the columns when they were introduced. I'd set up a "training" column so that I could adjust my players' training schedules without visiting the training page. I didn't bother taking it off, so when I switched to another team, I could see what PPMs and positions that team's players were training in.

I'm not surprised that you didn't notice. Most of the retraining was things you wouldn't notice, like an AML being retrained as a ML.

It was an issue with the columns when they were introduced. I'd set up a "training" column so that I could adjust my players' training schedules without visiting the training page. I didn't bother taking it off, so when I switched to another team, I could see what PPMs and positions that team's players were training in.

I'm not surprised that you didn't notice. Most of the retraining was things you wouldn't notice, like an AML being retrained as a ML.

yeah your right and i guess you would notice even less if it was a regen player as you would never know what he started off as in the first place.

Playing a network game in Italy with my friends. In the second season my friend brought Ramsey in on loan and whilst my friend wasn't playing the computer retrained him to play right full back, same as the OP.

In my third season on a save I started with Porto, and I was searching for a new right back for my new club AC Milan. I set the filters to search solely for an RB, and low-and-behold, Aaron Ramsey was there. The season is 12/13 so he was retrained very early.

He played there for Cardiff when he was first breaking through and did a very good job before the manager saw his passing, skill and vision and thought he was a very good midfielder. he does start the game off as DR at unconvincing so he only has to go through competent, accomplished and then very easily to natural.

He played there for Cardiff when he was first breaking through and did a very good job before the manager saw his passing, skill and vision and thought he was a very good midfielder. he does start the game off as DR at unconvincing so he only has to go through competent, accomplished and then very easily to natural.

So the question is then. Does the AI only retrain players that have at least a little knowledge in the position already ?

Ermm, no he didn;t.

AI should be shot for letting this happen.

Yeah I swear when he first turned up he did play full back, mainly because I only saw him once in a Cardiff shirt, and that was at full back, so when the media were touting him for a move to the Prem as a midfielder, I was a little confused lol.

Archived