Complete reversal.

Another "any of you find this?" thread from me.

Todays topic is! complete reverals of fortune, I wonder if anyone has any notable reverals of fortune against a particular team in two seperate matches?.

Mine today was My Truro City team in the Champions League group D game against Olympique Lyonnais, at home we have a fantastic 5-1 win, and this follows on from when we drubbed Sevilla 4-1, spirits were high, and I was feeling "wow, we might actually be able to get far!" this being our first ever champions league competition I was expecting to probably finish third in a tough group with Zenit, Sevilla and OL yet here I was believing we could go all the way on this form - had also won our first 10 league games and was feeling on top of the world and unbeatable (despite an earlier draw at Zenit which was.. lucky almost).

How wrong I was.

OL vs Truro our 4th game of the group, and it's 4-0 drubbing, we didnt even look like scoring, we just got annihilated, they scored three cracking long shots and one header from a corner.

Now back down to 2nd in group and starting to wonder how my team can pick themselves up from that. From 5-1 win to 4-0 drubbing.

Ever find such dramatic changes against the same team?

Archived