HG Players

I have started several new games and on each occasion, I get to about the 3rd or 4th season and have problems registering the squad due to a lack of home grown players.

I find that most premiership players are far too expensive and demand high wages compared to foreign imports and there aren't enough young players of decent calibre to buy either.

So, if I were to start a new game, how should I go about making sure that I always have enough home grown players for the squad? I know there are ways round this like having a smaller squad but would welcome any suggestions on being able to find more home grown talent.

Thanks

In my opinion you should sign as many scouts as your board allow you to. Then ask for more. Send some of your scouts to foreign countries and the home nations and get them to scout for players between 15 and 18. If you can get two players a season for a couple of million it'll gradually start to give you more home grown players as they would have qualified even if they are Spanish or another nationality. Also pester your board for improvements to the youth academy. Hoepfully this will see an improvement in players that come through your academy. Even if they are average. You can register a few of them(don't you need 8 home grown players?) and then you won't have to worry so much. Keep this cycle going as then you will be able to eventually start building up a profit if you sell players when they get to their prime :thup:.

you can afford a few average players in a squad of 25. Just don't sell your youth players even if they not going to be world beaters. It also helps to develop them even if it's only to 2.5 ca stars cos at least they'll stay on low wages. Those promising foreigners you bring in are going to want 40-50k once they reach their potential which is a lot to be paying for back ups.

Archived