Your database setup for a long term save

I'm interested how do people set their databases up for a long term save.

What database size do you use?

What nations do you select?

Do you load any additional nations, leagues or 'players with x reputation from y'?

I haven't played FM for a few months and would like a long term save with one of English teams from a low league. BPS will probably be my choice - I'm thinking about Wrexham (I know, technically not English but...).

I know some people tend to load minor nations from outside of EU, such as some of the former colonies, that do not require a work permit to join an English team. By the way, is there some sort of an up to date list of such nations? I've found one that was written for FM07 and it's got some interesting nations such as Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique but I know it's incomplete, because Antilles are missing.

I'm aiming to load no more than 50.000 players. I probably will just pick one team and stick with it for several years, unless I get sacked that is. What I would like is see a bit more diversity in terms of player nationalities after a couple of years into the game. With the 'default' setup I usually see all leagues dominated by regens from Spain.

At the moment I've got:

England down to BSP

France down to National

Germany down to Third Division

Custom database with:

Players with national reputation from Africa, Asia, North America, Oceania, South America

Players from top clubs from Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, Oceania, South America

This is what I managed to dig up so far. Players from the following nations do not need work permits to play in the EU:

• Andorra

• Austria

• Belgium

• Cyprus

• Denmark

• England

• Estonia

• Finland

• France

• Germany

• Greece

• Guadeloupe

• French Guiana

• Hungary

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Italy

• Latvia

• Liechtenstein

• Lithuania

• Luxembourg

• Malta

• Martinique

• Monaco

• Norway

• Northern Ireland

• New Caledonia

• Poland

• Portugal

• Czech republic

• San Marino

• Scotland

• Slovakia

• Slovenia

• Spain

• Sweden

• Wales

Apart from the obvious countries, there are a few territories that are not members states of the EU. My guess would be that players from Guiana fore example get dual citizenship (French) immediately when they are generated.

Archived