Work Permit Query/Problem

I recently signed an Argentinian player on a bosman transfer. He requires a work permit and was awarded one after contract negotiations at mid-season. Now he has signed for me in the summer and does not have a work permit for some reason. He is 28 years old and an established international (50 or so caps). I can't play him now, I can't loan him (he is a first team player) even though he only needs 30 days more for french citizenship and I can't offer him a new contract because he has only just signed and does not wish to discuss one.

Any solutions?

I recently signed an Argentinian player on a bosman transfer. He requires a work permit and was awarded one after contract negotiations at mid-season. Now he has signed for me in the summer and does not have a work permit for some reason. He is 28 years old and an established international (50 or so caps). I can't play him now, I can't loan him (he is a first team player) even though he only needs 30 days more for french citizenship and I can't offer him a new contract because he has only just signed and does not wish to discuss one.

Any solutions?

The ideal thing would be to loan him to a french club for a few months until he gets citizenship (asuming he will apply for it), although I concede this would be very difficult. In the first instance I would loan list him and see if any big french clubs show an interest, you never know!

Archived