Using Only UK born players

Not tried it but it would be possible to do. I did a similar thing in France with Lille where I only bought players aged 17 and under so eventually ALL the players at the club (youth team, reserve team and first team) were HG for club. Won the Champs League with those lads and then resigned as I felt I could acheive nothing greater than that!

If you pick a large, high-rep nation like England you will be able to do it no problem. It would be a pretty amazing feat to do something like this with a Belgian or Polish team for example.

Yeah I did this with Chelsea on 11.2, and it was fun at the start but then when I had to keep passing up top regens because they didn't fit my criteria it got a little tiring. It was good for a while, but once I'd won the CL with them it got boring quite quick.

i usually try and get as many home-grown players into long term saves, usually woth good results, its probably best to do it in the english, brazilian or spain leagues because for me these get the best regens.

the only annoying thing is if you take the international job along side your club job you get a lot of negative press about picking players from your own team, which is stupid really because if you're a successful club team it seems daft not to pick them for your international squad

I qualified for Europe with an all English Middlesbrough side, 5 or 6 of them were academy lads as well.

I've finally had to give in and sign some internationals though, it's so much fun when you allow yourself to suddenly look at 100,000 more players to fill a gap in the team.

Archived