I can not beat a team .... no matter what I do... is the game predetermined?

I am AC Milan in 2011-12 season, pretty good team and I can NOT beat sampdoria ...i have replayed it 12 times and nothing ... it was just becoming a case of can i actually win? defensive, offensive, line everyone up in front of the net.... nothing ... what is going on?

any help, or should i just quit?

There are a lot of unseen external factors in the game that can result in seemingly "unwinnable" matches. In this case, it could be a mix of your team's complacency and your opponent's determination for this particular match that makes the match engine weigh the results against you.

For another example, my high-performing team has recently had a lot of trouble in the FA Cup because we keep going into the early rounds after smashing some Premier League team 5-0 or thereabouts. As a result of this, my players end up heading into a match against some L1 side with a high level of complacency and our determined low level opponents end up playing like Barca.

It's just one of the quirks of the game that you have to learn to deal with. Sometimes, you can mitigate the effects with press conferences and team talks, but sometimes, the weight of the virtual universe is just against you. Accepting the loss and moving on is the best option.

here's a tip...don't be a child and reload after losing a game and maybe you won't get annoyed thinking the game is 'predetermined'

i sometimes wish the game would realise when people are losing and then reloading and make it impossible to win that game...

Yeah, on that note, I would add that since the effects of complacency are apparently cumulative, reloading after every loss will just be an exercise in frustration since your players will tend to perform with increasing laziness after each win (while your opponents will be increasingly attentive knowing that they're taking on an "unbeatable" side). Often, a loss is the slap in the face that a team needs to shed the complacency effect and regain their proper form. If you find your strikers are blowing easy chance after easy chance, just eat the loss, your team needs it and your nerves will thank you.

Everytime you change your formation or a role in the team the outcome will be different.

Play with the same line up and the same formation over and over again and the scorelines will vary - so no it's not predetermined at all.

I have found that clsoing FM entirely it actually helps most of the time I beat the team the first time after doing this. Weird.

I suspect something you (or your assistant) said in the pre-match conference has lead to complacency, and Sampdoria can capitalise on that

It's not just that, sometimes you just struggle no matter what you do. You reload weeks before and try everything and you just lose way more than you win no matter what. Your team simply doesn't play the same every match, not because you've done something wrong, but because getting everything right doesn't mean you always play well

It's entirely predetermined because SI know that making a game of chance and ability is a stupid idea, and we'd all much rather have a predtermined game.

From when you first press "Start New Game", FM automatically decides how successful you'll be. There's nothing you can do to change it.

</trollin'>

It's entirely predetermined because SI know that making a game of chance and ability is a stupid idea, and we'd all much rather have a predtermined game.

From when you first press "Start New Game", FM automatically decides how successful you'll be. There's nothing you can do to change it.

</trollin'>

You didn't finish your clause. You forgot the <trollin'> in the beginning. Therefore you aren't trolling!

It's not predetermined at all.

It's probably because of something that you said in the pre-match press conference or because some teams get a "morale boost" against others, because they are rivals or something like that. I've noted that my teams, year after year, usually struggle to defeat some teams, specially rival teams even if they are in the botton half of the table or their morale are very bad. You know that everyone wants to defeat the champions.

That's something that happens in RL, so i think that is very cool that SI get this in the game.

here's a tip...don't be a child and reload after losing a game and maybe you won't get annoyed thinking the game is 'predetermined'

i sometimes wish the game would realise when people are losing and then reloading and make it impossible to win that game...

Or, alternatively, keep trying different things until you find a way that works and use that in other games. It's called learning.

Well, in FM, as IRL football by the way, it sometimes happen that otherwise strong team just struggles against particular opponent. Whether it's motivation problem, rivalry thing, question of tactics or mismatch of players on the pitch (e.g. particular winger always beats fullback he's playing against). Sometimes you can't do anything about it. Even IRL when team wins the title there's sometimes a team that has beaten the champions twice during season. Or at least earned 4 points against them. It's not a miracle if the other team gets relegated in the same time. That's football.

On the other hand, it's great to be on the other side of the story. In my Ajax save Heerenveen played really well. They were some 3-4. on the table, but in two games I beat them 10-1 in aggregate. Heerenveen also reached to Dutch Cup final and I demolished them 4-0. At the same time I always struggle against Twente. Always. I'm pretty happy to settle with a draw against them.

I'm having the same case in my Olympic Marseille game (Surprisingly interesting) where I just can't beat Stade Rennais for the life of me. Despite them being 15th in the league. Apperently their Manager is under-pressure and can be fired, so I'm just fueling the fire hoping that he gets sacked and MAYBE then I can get a result out of it.

This sort of reminds me of the fact that Arsenal have not beat Stoke at home in like, 40 years. Probably the toughest road game out there for every team. It's all down to complacency really. After winning the Champions League in the first year (Started game in Feburary and surprisingly they were already in the quarter finals with a good draw), and the first few games of the new season were BRUTAL. I struggled to get a win at every moment and it was impossible to make my players nervous by putting extreme amount of pressure even. Luckily I found my rhythm now but Gignac is still on a goaless streak... 963 minutes without a goal!!!! 1 goal in 11(11) appearances... with an average minutes per goal of 1076.... LMAO

By the way, OP - it might be nothing to do with your team or your tactics. If other team is really really motivated, it's anyway hard to beat them.

If your team is used to win, it's usually good when you can get 2-3 players motivation level to 'looks motivated' on match motivation screen. It's OK when morale is high and nobody are complacent. Just 'playing okay' seems good enough too, but just until you start a game and 6-7 of your opposition players 'look motivated' and then you know you'll be screwed.

That's the problem when playing against very determined teams. And as we know, FM ME values motivation even higher than actual attributes or skills.

Only 12 times, OP? I heard someone tried 150 times to win away against Mourinho's team.

why bother?

a pointless exercise if you ask me... 150 times? that's 2 and half great seasons for a top team! all for one game? idiocy!

Archived