FMHI 2011.....on Ipad2 :-)

My Ipad 2 finally arrived yesterday.........as soon as it was all synced and ready to go i tried FMH, and all i can say is OMG! love it! The speed the game runs at is superb. I find the menu navigation presses that little bit more responsive and obviously playing on a bigger screen helps with making player changes and stuff. My Mrs is going to be moaning at me very soon methinks.

couple of questions though.

would it be possible to have all the leagues running at the same time on the ipad 2? after an update i mean. judging by what i have seen so far the Ipad2 would handle it easily.........at least i think it would. im no tech geek.

oh nuts there was another question or 2 but ive forgotten! doh. will add when i remember.

• SI Staff
would it be possible to have all the leagues running at the same time on the ipad 2? after an update i mean. judging by what i have seen so far the Ipad2 would handle it easily.........at least i think it would. im no tech geek

This is something I'll look at in due course - but no promises; such a change would be unlikely to be a small undertaking and as such you might have to wait for FMHi 2012 rather than an update for that ... time will tell.

I'm very satisfied with FMH on the iPad, but can a future version be Universal?

For those that don't know, that means that the same app has different resolution/screens depending on if you're viewing it on the iPad or iPhone.

I'm very satisfied with FMH on the iPad, but can a future version be Universal?

For those that don't know, that means that the same app has different resolution/screens depending on if you're viewing it on the iPad or iPhone.

This is exactly what I was hoping for with FMH11, but I can live with the iPhone version at 2x for the time being. A patch for 11 to give it iPad native resolutions would be great ("FMH11 HD" if you will) but I'll be more than happy if it's introduced with FMH12.

• SI Staff
Please make it so ican play game on iPhone and iPad. So I can save on one device and then start the game on my iPad. Tis will be perfect for playing on iPhone when on the go and playing on iPad when at home.

You can do this already if both devices have fairly recent iOS versions - if you look under iTunes while a device is plugged in then in the 'App' area on the device you'll see a "File Sharing" section, highlight Football Manager Handheld 2011 and you'll see various files available for transfer.

The hidden.dat is the autosave file, fm_save1.dat -> fm_save4.dat correspond to the save game location on the screen for the manual save files. You can copy these off the device onto your computer and then plug in a new device and transfer them onto that at you whim.

Hope this helps,

Marc

PS - I believe there's a 'full' explanation of how to approach this in the bugs forum relating to sending SI save games if you get confused by the brief note above.

Archived