Player having his first goal for the club robbed all the time!

Anyone else had something like this before, its quite funny but annoying!

I signed Conor Wickham for United, and three seasons in he's regarded as being good enough to play a rotation slot. He scored plenty of goals on loan in league one, as well as banging them in at youth international level. However, in the league he's had about five goals now stolen off him by own goals; crosses being put into the net by the defender, when hes free waiting for it on the back post, dribbling it round the keeper only for an opposition player to slide in and put it in the net. He just can't score his first goal!

I have had similar since 11.3 with the slide tackles giving own goals. Signed a Striker who was 20 from Austria and was good enough for the odd star and bench place for my Championship Barnsley team. Every time he was about to break his duck would get tackled and the ball would roll past the keeper into the net... went 10+ hours before he finally scored would have had at least 10 goals in his first season if if wasn't for the own goals! managed to end with 4

Nope never seen anything like that before. My players seem to score at the right time for me, like signing Michael Owen as a back-up in my second season for Blackpool his first goal in 7 appearances was a injury time winner against Chelsea :)

He finally scored against some shag team in champions league group stage.

only to then get tackled from behind, one on one with the keeper, being robbed of a certain goal. the player got sent off, but im concerned he's the unluckiest striker ever! haha.

Archived